Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper3882
    replied
    Citations and a free ride to the pokey Reckless driving , reckless endangering....

Leave a comment:

• purdinpopo
    replied
    I expect they would have regardless, Lincoln County had a bad experience, with a group of teens from Wisconsin in a stolen vehicle a while before this, they rammed some Lincoln Units traveled completely North to south into St. Charles County, turned around and traveled all the way back South to North back into Pike County, The Sheriff of Pike County Finally rammed them off the road into a Backhoe, in the North end of Pike, and Lincoln kind of developed a simmering hatred of runners from the event.

I do not know what the attitude is now, as that was two sheriffs ago, but back then if they did not have other fish to fry they would be all over it.
    Last edited by purdinpopo; 10-09-2005, 04:13 PM. Reason: must learn to make sense.....

Leave a comment:

• lgbr
    replied
    Thanks to those of you who provided good answers. This clears a lot of things up.

Excellent story, purdinpopo. But had he not been a felon, i suspect there would have been no road block.

Leave a comment:

• purdinpopo
    replied
    One night (2am Monday going into Tuesday, no troopers on they just went off duty) dispatch calls me and advises that they have given my cell number to a deputy from the County Just North of us, and that I will get a phone call.

Deputy advises that he is out of uniform and in his pov, has a Toyota Supra running 80 that left a drug house he had been sitting on, and that it is approaching my City. I get the info as well as the plate, and I park on the On-ramp to the Highway. I advise dispatch of the plate, they advise me that the plate has a warrant associated with it for the owner, felony for fraud or something.

Here I sit in the 1996 Caprice with the LT-1. ZIP! there goes the Supra I check him at 79 in a 65, I drop it in drive, I accelerate, I do not floor it as I would have left about $10.00 of Goodyear rubber on the on-ramp. When I hit the Highway, I flip on the overheads (A Streethawk larger than my apartment) I am running 90 and the Supra is pulling away, I advise dispatch that I am in pursuit. I top the Chevy out at 134 there is no traffic on a four-lane divided highway. The Supra is still pulling away, I am just getting ready to admit defeat, the Supra turns around (paved turn-around) and goes north, I cut the median and get right behind him, (I got to confirm the plate) then he takes another turn-around) goes south and he turns the lights off. I stop, turn off the overheads, and advise that I am out of this one.

The County South of me catches him, they ran a rolling road block on him before they even touched the overheads. We had even called the PD where this guy lived and they were waiting in his drivway.

Now the point is you can outrun an individual police Officer,(through a faster car, and suicidal tactics) but once we are looking for you, specifically you and we have a good idea where you are, we are going to get you.

Leave a comment:

• tbear853
    replied
    IGBR .....

...... any more questions?

Leave a comment:

• APDSgt
    replied
    IF I catch the driver he is going to jail.

On a straight road without any obstacles, you are correct that the cars listed would outrun our police cars. However, you neglect the use of radio, helicopters, how many police cars will come out of the woodwork looking to get involved, and that local roads and highways will not support the kinds of speeds you are talking about without a traffic crash.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Persue? No!. Radio ahead for other units? Why not? Call for an Air Unit? Sure! Chances are the car can't/won't maintain that kind of speed so he MAY get caught. Spike strips? That's a suprvisors call & I can tell you out here that would only happen if it was a loooooong deserted road & he was wanted for something besides speeding. Modern & many older performance cars can easily outrun todays police cars & with todays "no pursuit" attitude police are at a big disadvantage

Leave a comment:

• Pedro56
    replied
    Granted there is no express in any of our expressways due to the fact that for some reason they like to torture us and tear everyone of them up every year for something else.

Leave a comment:

• Pedro56
    replied
    Tickets would be issued, and the vehicle would be impounded. Reckless driving here is a Class A Misdemeanor and the driver would be arrested.

Leave a comment:

• Bigg Dogg
    replied
    Probally nothing better to do so I would give it a shot on catching him.If I catch him,depending on his attitude,either a HUGH stack of tickets or some iron braceletts.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie31
    replied
    Originally posted by lgbr
    all of the sudden, a car goes flying by. You get him on the laser as going 140 MPH.

Do you even pursue him?
    Nope, wave as he drives by and wait for the possible traffic accident call that comes out down the road...

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by acreature
    Bus Driver, Milkman, Mail Man, Cabbie... hell no!

Campaign all the way. It actually keeps the rain off of you
    no kidding, untill you get back in your car to write down the drivers info, then it all runs down on your accident report,,,damn i hated that,

i would think the bus hats would hold rain.

Leave a comment:

• acreature
    replied
    Bus Driver, Milkman, Mail Man, Cabbie... hell no!

Campaign all the way. It actually keeps the rain off of you

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by acreature
    The secret to any enforcement... is the Hat! :ccol:
    true that, as long as it isnt the bus driver hat, some might make fun of the smokey hat, but at least i could use mine as a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• acreature
    replied
    The secret to any enforcement... is the Hat! :ccol:

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2560 users online. 160 members and 2400 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X