300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lgbr
    all of the sudden, a car goes flying by. You get him on the laser as going 140 MPH.

Do you even pursue him?
    Nope, wave as he drives by and wait for the possible traffic accident call that comes out down the road...
    Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Probally nothing better to do so I would give it a shot on catching him.If I catch him,depending on his attitude,either a HUGH stack of tickets or some iron braceletts.
      FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Tickets would be issued, and the vehicle would be impounded. Reckless driving here is a Class A Misdemeanor and the driver would be arrested.
        "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Granted there is no express in any of our expressways due to the fact that for some reason they like to torture us and tear everyone of them up every year for something else.
          "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Persue? No!. Radio ahead for other units? Why not? Call for an Air Unit? Sure! Chances are the car can't/won't maintain that kind of speed so he MAY get caught. Spike strips? That's a suprvisors call & I can tell you out here that would only happen if it was a loooooong deserted road & he was wanted for something besides speeding. Modern & many older performance cars can easily outrun todays police cars & with todays "no pursuit" attitude police are at a big disadvantage

Comment

IF I catch the driver he is going to jail.

On a straight road without any obstacles, you are correct that the cars listed would outrun our police cars. However, you neglect the use of radio, helicopters, how many police cars will come out of the woodwork looking to get involved, and that local roads and highways will not support the kinds of speeds you are talking about without a traffic crash.

Comment

IGBR .....

...... any more questions?
                Adios amigos.

Comment

One night (2am Monday going into Tuesday, no troopers on they just went off duty) dispatch calls me and advises that they have given my cell number to a deputy from the County Just North of us, and that I will get a phone call.

Deputy advises that he is out of uniform and in his pov, has a Toyota Supra running 80 that left a drug house he had been sitting on, and that it is approaching my City. I get the info as well as the plate, and I park on the On-ramp to the Highway. I advise dispatch of the plate, they advise me that the plate has a warrant associated with it for the owner, felony for fraud or something.

Here I sit in the 1996 Caprice with the LT-1. ZIP! there goes the Supra I check him at 79 in a 65, I drop it in drive, I accelerate, I do not floor it as I would have left about $10.00 of Goodyear rubber on the on-ramp. When I hit the Highway, I flip on the overheads (A Streethawk larger than my apartment) I am running 90 and the Supra is pulling away, I advise dispatch that I am in pursuit. I top the Chevy out at 134 there is no traffic on a four-lane divided highway. The Supra is still pulling away, I am just getting ready to admit defeat, the Supra turns around (paved turn-around) and goes north, I cut the median and get right behind him, (I got to confirm the plate) then he takes another turn-around) goes south and he turns the lights off. I stop, turn off the overheads, and advise that I am out of this one.

The County South of me catches him, they ran a rolling road block on him before they even touched the overheads. We had even called the PD where this guy lived and they were waiting in his drivway.

Now the point is you can outrun an individual police Officer,(through a faster car, and suicidal tactics) but once we are looking for you, specifically you and we have a good idea where you are, we are going to get you.
                  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Thanks to those of you who provided good answers. This clears a lot of things up.

Excellent story, purdinpopo. But had he not been a felon, i suspect there would have been no road block.

Comment

I expect they would have regardless, Lincoln County had a bad experience, with a group of teens from Wisconsin in a stolen vehicle a while before this, they rammed some Lincoln Units traveled completely North to south into St. Charles County, turned around and traveled all the way back South to North back into Pike County, The Sheriff of Pike County Finally rammed them off the road into a Backhoe, in the North end of Pike, and Lincoln kind of developed a simmering hatred of runners from the event.

I do not know what the attitude is now, as that was two sheriffs ago, but back then if they did not have other fish to fry they would be all over it.
                      Last edited by purdinpopo; 10-09-2005, 05:13 PM. Reason: must learn to make sense.....
                      Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Citations and a free ride to the pokey Reckless driving , reckless endangering....
                        The road to success is not straight
                        There is a curve called Failure, a Loop called Confusion, speed bumps
                        called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called
                        Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called
                        Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a
                        driver called Jesus, you will make it to a Place called Success! May
                        God continue to bless you

www.osptrooper.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3752 users online. 252 members and 3500 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X