300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold A Car!!! (CHICAGO)

ok here it goes! back in march of 2004 i sold a car to a friend then this past may i got a letter saying that the car was impounded for having altered temp tags and it was still registered under my name so i put in a request for a hearing i went to the hearing and had a copy of the title signed by me and my friend with a purchased date of 03/2004 and explain to the judge that i had sold this car in 2004 to a friend and that i only had a copy of the title signed by both of us.. and the administrative judge said that that wasnt enough proof and found me liable for the fines which where about $2000.00 i dont understand why?? so now im appeling this decision and have a court date in NOVEMBER can anyone give me advice on what else can i take to the new judge in order to get this case dismissed under my name?? my friend said he will signed a letter stating that the signature on the title is his and that he did purchased the car from me but im not sure if this is gonna be sufficient proof please help with any advice!!!!
    Last edited by shygirl1321; 09-13-2005, 12:19 PM.
    Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
    Romans 12:12

The letter may help. Do you have a bill of sale, copy of a check, reciept, anything like that?

Comment

no just the copy of the title but is it possible if i have him sign a bill of sale NOW is that gonna make a difference would they take that bill of sale even if is not on the date of sale i can have him notorized it..

Comment

You can also just summons him to court. I wouldn't go about making up a bill of sale now. How did he pay for the car? And just a little side note: Always get a reciept. No matter what!!!!!!

Comment

he paid cash and how do i go by having him summon to court where do i call since i think this is gonna be my last resort thanks for all ur help..[

Comment

I agree with back in blue, you can have your friend summonsed to court. If your frined will not voluntarily come to court, then you may see if he will write a notorized letter for the judge admitting to purchasing the vehicle from you with the original purchase date included in the letter. The most important thing to remember is your demeanor when you are in the court room. Dress appropriately and remain professional. If you do not like what the judge says do not lose your bearing in the court room. Wait until you get outside. Finally, always get a reciept.

Comment

I noticed your from IL so I honestly don't proper summons procedures in your state, but I would call the DA's office or the court house and ask them. Usually you can simply go to the courthouse and speak with a judge or a commissioner (term used in Md.). They will then complete a summons, but like I say not sure about IL. Any help anyone?

Comment

Actually I apologize the proper term is subpoena. Subpoena's are used when one has information regarding the case. A summons would imply your friend would be the defendant in a civil or criminal case you brought against him.
                sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Bigd1970
                  you may see if he will write a notorized letter for the judge admitting to purchasing the vehicle from you with the original purchase date included in the letter. The most important thing to remember is your demeanor when you are in the court room. Dress appropriately and remain professional. If you do not like what the judge says do not lose your bearing in the court room. Wait until you get outside. Finally, always get a reciept.
                  Another option.
                  Good court room tips, didn't think of that

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5851 users online. 307 members and 5544 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X