300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-alcoholic / open container

Here is a law that is broken every day and by everyone you see on the road! A open container is a alcohol & or a non-alcoholic drink.

I know you guys will give a ticket for a alcohol container that is a no brainer! I would like to know how many have you given a ticket for a non-alcoholic drink or open container? Also when would you give a ticket for a non-alcoholic container!

No, I didn't get a ticket for this. just wondering!

say again,,,,,,,

i will have to double check on this for the correct wording, but in okla. *on paper* beer is not called an alcoholic beverage, however, you can still get a citation for t.o.c. for beer. if you are talking about brands like ODouls no, that is not a toc'able drink, a 16 yr old can buy it. but for beer, whiskey, wine, you get a t.o.c.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeFan
      Here is a law that is broken every day and by everyone you see on the road! A open container is a alcohol & or a non-alcoholic drink.
      Either OK has some really screwy laws... Or you don't know what you are talking about and should do some research.

Comment

what?

I know you guys will give a ticket for a alcohol container that is a no brainer! I would like to know how many have you given a ticket for a non-alcoholic drink or open container? Also when would you give a ticket for a non-alcoholic container!

No, I didn't get a ticket for this. just wondering!
        Clarify a little more I'm lost. You mean non-alcoholic drinks like near beer or are you saying I can't drive down the road and drink a soda? Hope you mean near beer and in Md that is considered an open container just like beer.

Sorry gotta hurry up and go, I have some soda drinkers to write.

Comment

Sorry guys for not being more clear.

non-alcoholic containers = pop can, bottle or any other container that holds soda pop, water ect..

From what I understand I can get a ticket for open container for any container that I or any passanger is or has been drinking out of.

This sound wired to me as well so I thought I would write to you guys to see if this holds any water or not.
          Last edited by DukeFan; 09-14-2005, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I should have poof read this better Sorry guys I should have wrote

"Drinking and a non-alcoholic drink soda, water ect... while driving is a no no and so is having a open soda, water container near the driver from my understanding of the law"

question: After you stop a person and find out the drink is just a can of pop would you give a ticket for a open container?

Comment

Thats crazy but it could be true. In Md. open container only applies to alcoholic beverages. I will have to check the traffic article and get back to you regarding non alcoholic beverages. (If thats a true law I'm in trouble.)

Sorry not up on Ok traffic laws.

Comment

question: After you stop a person and find out the drink is just a can of pop would you give a ticket for a open container?
                Heck no

Officer: Your honor, On (date) at (time) I stopped a red Chevrolet Impala bearing license plate ABC123 for an open container violation at (road name) and (intersecting road name). Upon approach of the vehicle I noticed that the driver had a can of Mountain Dew located in the cup holder directly to his left. I then asked the driver if that was in fact his Mountain Dew. The driver of the above mentioned vehicle said that it was his Mountain Dew. I obtained the subjects Drivers license and identified him as (name of the defendant) who is the defendant in this case. I then issued appropriate citations, properly packaged the evidence (Mountain Dew), and allowed the driver to proceede to his destination. This officer does not believe that the Mountain Dew impaired the defendants ability to drive as only 1/2 of the Mountain Dew had been drank. The defendant informed this officer that he only had one Mountain Dew at this point. This officer did not see any visual impairments of the driver nor noticed the oder of Mountian Dew on the drivers breath. All events did occur in (name of county).

Judge: hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha get the heck out of here.

Comment

Can an individual be charged with a dui/dwi if only the keys are in the ignition? I know it probably depends on the state.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                    Can an individual be charged with a dui/dwi if only the keys are in the ignition? I know it probably depends on the state.
                    Of course you can. What else would there be in the ignition besides keys?
                    Just kidding

Comment

In Ohio we have a new law called "physical control." Basically it says that if you are in control of the vehicle you can be arrested. i.e: keys in your pocket and your passed out behind the wheel, etc.

Stay Safe!
                      ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

I seem to recall that in the UK, if you have ignition keys on your person you can technically be charged with "Being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle" but the cop would have to be having a REALLY bad day to do it.

Most traffic police in the UK are generally ok, I've been pulled for speeding a few times but let go with a warning because I was being otherwise perfectly safe.
                        Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

In TN yes.

As for the open container thing, I don
                          Work smarter not harder!

Comment

in okla. we have "actual physical control" apc,,,, if you are asleep in the car, back seat and the keys are on you or in the car, and the car is operable under its own power, then yes, you get an apc, which is just like a dui,,,
                            if the car is stuck in the mud,,,no,, just a public intox,, if all four tires are flat, but i can still drive the car,,then you still get apc/dui

Comment

In Kansas, the DUI applies to operating or attempting to operate a motor vehicle. Engine running, trying to start, headlights on... etc classifies as a DUI. On the TOC issue, surely it states in the statute that it applies to alcohol containers only.
                              The 2&10 Rule It's always "I've had two beers, and ten guys jumped me...I swear to God officer"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2601 users online. 142 members and 2459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X