• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Dolmen
    Good day,

As a sportsbike rider I'm more than likely to get pulled over one of these days (no, I'm not one of those stunt riding or drag racing idiots, but I like a spirited ride out in rural areas), I was wondering what the best procedure for me to follow is?

In the UK I usually killed the engine, took my helmet and gloves off and stayed sat on the bike, to make it clear that I wasn't going to run .
    that about covers it, turn it off, take off helmet and wait for further instructions..

Leave a comment:

• Dolmen
    replied
    Oh I know the California Superbike School runs courses at Laguna Seca and Willow Springs, I'm planning on doing at least one of those once I've got my suspension fixed up (I'm a bit of a pieboy and the bike I have needs stiffer suspension to handle it).

I was wondering if there were any police or state run courses on the streets like some forces do in England.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    As far as training courses go, Laguna Seca has one and I'd imagine California Motor Speedway has one also. Laguna Seca would be the place to go. That is an AWSOME track.

Leave a comment:

• Dolmen
    started a topic Motorcycles (Sportsbikes)

Motorcycles (Sportsbikes)

Good day,

As a sportsbike rider I'm more than likely to get pulled over one of these days (no, I'm not one of those stunt riding or drag racing idiots, but I like a spirited ride out in rural areas), I was wondering what the best procedure for me to follow is?

In the UK I usually killed the engine, took my helmet and gloves off and stayed sat on the bike, to make it clear that I wasn't going to run (I was pulled for speeding a few times but let off with a warning each time because aside from exceeding the posted limit I wasn't actually doing anything dangerous).

Also I was wondering what officers' general opinion of sportsbikes are?

I learnt to ride in the UK where the riding culture is substantially different than it is in the US, we generally keep our speed well down unless we're in the middle of nowhere (same thing I do here), you'll hardly ever find any of us riding in shorts & t-shirts even when the weather warrants it, and generally speaking, none of us pull wheelies and other idiotic stunts on the road and I'd like to think we were generally pretty responsible, most of us only want to put ourselves in danger.

Since I moved to CA I see a lot of posers on sportsbikes who are just accidents waiting to happen, people who think that the MSF basic ridercourse is sufficient training for them to be able to control a litre sportsbike with 170hp, people who ride in flip flops and a **** pot helmet (with pillions to match), people who have absolutely no idea how to corner properly, so much so they are in fact a hazard to other road users because they're going to slowly.

Also, there aren't any actual advanced riding courses out here are there? All the training takes place in car parks?

Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3366 users online. 137 members and 3229 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X