Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigg Dogg
    replied
    I see people all the time speeding to make a pass.It doesn't bother me unless they are really going too fast.The last one I wrote while speeding was for 94-65 zone.The guy was a real jerk.he said the front car was going way to slow.I clocked the front car at 63 after he passed it.Needless to say the jerk went to jail anyways,he was Suspended also.

Leave a comment:

• bigcop97
    replied
    If someone honked at me while they passed my vehicle I would give a visual indicator back to them that I heard them honk.... Hee Hee

I never heard of that Law?

My favorite is the people that drive 45 miles per hour in a 55 until you pass them, then they decide they need to drive right on your bumper.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Out here's a little "different". Phx is spread out with a TERRIBLE frwy system so everyone speeds,even the police. What do we usually cite for?10 over Will get you stopped,possibly cited, depending on the location,traffic,off., etc. 12-15 over & you are getting cited. SR-101 here is frequently called "Az.'s Autobahn" & it's not uncommon for cars to be going 85-90 on a 65mph. road. Fortunately that road is Az. DPS jurisdiction so I don't worry about it. With such open roadways we're pretty liberal about such things.

Leave a comment:

• SammyCal1
    replied
    PABear is correct in saying that you cannot legally pass if you need to exceed the speed limit in order to pass. If the lead car is going 55 and the speed limit is 55, you cannot legally pass.

Sammy

Leave a comment:

• ctt
    replied
    My favorite is the guy that speeds up when he sees you're trying to pass him.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie31
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    I have never herad of honking your horn and flashing your bright lights if you wanna pass.
    have to do that in NC... technically

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by PABear31
    I've never written anyone for less than 10 over in my 21+ years on the job.. The point or the post was that if the vehicle that a motorist in following is doing the speed limit then he has no legitimate reason for passing.
    Point understood. I agree.

Leave a comment:

• PABear31
    replied
    I've never written anyone for less than 10 over in my 21+ years on the job.. The point or the post was that if the vehicle that a motorist in following is doing the speed limit then he has no legitimate reason for passing.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    "While Pennsylvania has some built in cushions when we use electronic speed timing devices police officers can cite motorists for 1 mph over if we pace or use a stopwatch."

1 mph over?? If that's the fastest speeder on the road then maybe it's time to catch-up on some paperwork/reports.

Leave a comment:

• PABear31
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    Lets say the speed limit is 55 on a two line highway. I decide to pass a car that is going 55. So with the cruise set at 59-60 mph, I see an opening where I can pass legally.
    There is a problem here. If the car ahead of you is travelling at 55 mph in a 55 zone you cannot pass legally. While Pennsylvania has some built in cushions when we use electronic speed timing devices police officers can cite motorists for 1 mph over if we pace or use a stopwatch.

Leave a comment:

• Dudley DoRight
    replied
    They call it a "speed LIMIT" for good reason. An absoloute liability offence here.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by sXenoG
    Yea alot of people say you shouldn't say what if, yet another day theyll say its better safe then sorry and thats exactly what what if questions are. To keep yourself in a safe position. And considering you're a security consultant I could and would only assume youd be always consdering safety first. And even tho I made that statement trust me I dont really abide by my words either. Its just a point my mom made to me once and something that I would consider if i were in the fast lane. And my dad has taught me to pull to the right if there is someone comming up behind you who would liek to pass. Its the polite theing the do as long as you're not going to break the law while doing it. (which by what you say you're just not gonna speed yourself up to pass someone in front of you so the inconsiderate person can continue to drive irratically.)
    what,,, if you cant pull to the right because you are overtaking a car, then no, i m not going to put myself out , waste fuel, possibly receive a citation *cause WHAT IF a patrol car was ahead of you running radar*, or for any other reason,

Leave a comment:

• sXenoG
    replied
    Yea alot of people say you shouldn't say what if, yet another day theyll say its better safe then sorry and thats exactly what what if questions are. To keep yourself in a safe position. And considering you're a security consultant I could and would only assume youd be always consdering safety first. And even tho I made that statement trust me I dont really abide by my words either. Its just a point my mom made to me once and something that I would consider if i were in the fast lane. And my dad has taught me to pull to the right if there is someone comming up behind you who would liek to pass. Its the polite theing the do as long as you're not going to break the law while doing it. (which by what you say you're just not gonna speed yourself up to pass someone in front of you so the inconsiderate person can continue to drive irratically.)

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by sXenoG
    First off no one should be speeding but i have to disagree with one of ur statements gotthblues

Yes you have every right to be there but lets say that person in the car has a child or a relative with them whos having an asthma attack or enduring a sudden attack of some ailment and they are trying to get to the hospital. 99 times outta 100 the persons just being an ******* but would you like to be the reason for a childs death just because you want to to blockade the driver to prove a point? (O and im very sorry if i mistook what you said but ahts the understand i grabbed from it.)
    i see your point, but do you want the law enforcement answer, if its an emergency, call the ambulance, that s why they are there. what would i do, well, doesnt matter, besides, id be more apt to say that 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of them are being butt heads, and how can i know the difference,
    but no, i wasnt talking about blocking them just to be a butt, but if someone comes smokin up on my butt, and im doing the speed limit, overtaking a slower car, no im not going to gas it and get out of their way,
    point two, you can what if every freggin thing out there until youre dead,

Leave a comment:

• sXenoG
    replied
    First off no one should be speeding but i have to disagree with one of ur statements gotthblues
    if i am doing the speed limit and in the left lane overtaking, then i have every right in the world to be there, they need to slow the heck down and save some money on speeding tickets and gas,
    Yes you have every right to be there but lets say that person in the car has a child or a relative with them whos having an asthma attack or enduring a sudden attack of some ailment and they are trying to get to the hospital. 99 times outta 100 the persons just being an ******* but would you like to be the reason for a childs death just because you want to to blockade the driver to prove a point? (O and im very sorry if i mistook what you said but ahts the understand i grabbed from it.)

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 327 members and 5293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X