Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They call it a "speed LIMIT" for good reason. An absoloute liability offence here.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
      Lets say the speed limit is 55 on a two line highway. I decide to pass a car that is going 55. So with the cruise set at 59-60 mph, I see an opening where I can pass legally.
      There is a problem here. If the car ahead of you is travelling at 55 mph in a 55 zone you cannot pass legally. While Pennsylvania has some built in cushions when we use electronic speed timing devices police officers can cite motorists for 1 mph over if we pace or use a stopwatch.
      When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

"While Pennsylvania has some built in cushions when we use electronic speed timing devices police officers can cite motorists for 1 mph over if we pace or use a stopwatch."

1 mph over?? If that's the fastest speeder on the road then maybe it's time to catch-up on some paperwork/reports.

Comment

I've never written anyone for less than 10 over in my 21+ years on the job.. The point or the post was that if the vehicle that a motorist in following is doing the speed limit then he has no legitimate reason for passing.
          When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by PABear31
            I've never written anyone for less than 10 over in my 21+ years on the job.. The point or the post was that if the vehicle that a motorist in following is doing the speed limit then he has no legitimate reason for passing.
            Point understood. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
              I have never herad of honking your horn and flashing your bright lights if you wanna pass.
              have to do that in NC... technically
              Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

My favorite is the guy that speeds up when he sees you're trying to pass him.

Comment

PABear is correct in saying that you cannot legally pass if you need to exceed the speed limit in order to pass. If the lead car is going 55 and the speed limit is 55, you cannot legally pass.

Sammy
                  If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                  www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Out here's a little "different". Phx is spread out with a TERRIBLE frwy system so everyone speeds,even the police. What do we usually cite for?10 over Will get you stopped,possibly cited, depending on the location,traffic,off., etc. 12-15 over & you are getting cited. SR-101 here is frequently called "Az.'s Autobahn" & it's not uncommon for cars to be going 85-90 on a 65mph. road. Fortunately that road is Az. DPS jurisdiction so I don't worry about it. With such open roadways we're pretty liberal about such things.

Comment

If someone honked at me while they passed my vehicle I would give a visual indicator back to them that I heard them honk.... Hee Hee

I never heard of that Law?

My favorite is the people that drive 45 miles per hour in a 55 until you pass them, then they decide they need to drive right on your bumper.
                      Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I see people all the time speeding to make a pass.It doesn't bother me unless they are really going too fast.The last one I wrote while speeding was for 94-65 zone.The guy was a real jerk.he said the front car was going way to slow.I clocked the front car at 63 after he passed it.Needless to say the jerk went to jail anyways,he was Suspended also.
                        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 301 members and 3684 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X