300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple headlights?

Had a question about running purple high beams on my 1973 cadillac MillerMeteor coach. I'm not a funeral director, but I still own the car, and don't really drive it daily. I only drive it to events or other things of the like. I bought the car and it had purple high beams as a funeral vehicle, however the have been temporarily removed as I am not sure how legal it is to be running them. Thanks.

Tennessee law may be different, but in Florida the headlights would not be a problem as long as you didn't use them on the roadway. Some states restrict simple possession of certain types of lights and equipment on vehicles so I suggest you check with your local Highway Patrol station.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

You should just replace them with clear to avoid any question in any state or city. It won't cost but maybe $20.00 to save you a $200.00 ticket.

Comment

They actaully are not on the car curently, but I would like to run them if I could. I'll have to check into the local laws. Thanks guys.

Comment

The purple flags and lights are for funeral processions and if caught running them as headlights or displaying them hence the $200.00 fine vs the $20 clear bulbs..... Now do you get it ?????????

Comment

I do I do, and thank you for informing me. I just wasn't sure if they would be allowed on the front of my car, even when not turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Moore
              I do I do, and thank you for informing me. I just wasn't sure if they would be allowed on the front of my car, even when not turned on.
              If you say you are not going to have them on........why have them at all.
              What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

Show I suppose, shows are about the only place I ever take the car.

Comment

The law regarding lights always reads "DISPLAY" nothing said about on or off.
                  Guys with old restored police cars are made to cover old red beacons when transporting to car shows etc.

Comment

Point noted and taken, I'm not gonna take the risk and run em, if I feel the need to put em on the car I'll just do it at a show (15min tops anyhow). Thanks fellas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3069 users online. 180 members and 2889 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X