300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department hiring standards (SoCal)

Hello, I really need some advice in taking my next step for applying for a law enforcement agency. I'm 19 years old, almost 20, I want a career in law enforcement however I'm not old enough to apply for most agencies yet which is fine because I'll be patient but I did apply for LA County sheriff a few months ago and I made it all the way to the background process but I was terminated from my job two weeks ago. My BI told me its best to withdrawal at this point because I need to hold a job through the whole background process. So I withdrew and I've been trying to figure out the next step. I worked for my most recent job for 9 months and before that I worked at my very first job for almost two years. I resigned at my first job to go work full time at my most recent one. I'm currently looking for work, now my question is, should I wait until I get another job to apply again? Or should I try to apply to a different agency? Or do all agencies require you to be employed to hire you? I really would like to work for Los Angeles county but I was also considering applying for Ventura county since they're hiring and I'm old enough to apply now and I was interested in San Bernardino County Sheriff, since that is where I live. However I'm not old enough to apply for SB yet, (20.5) is minimum age to apply. I definitely want to get another job as soon as possible and I'm applying around the clock but I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you for protecting the people and giving so much of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Adelgado7317 View Post
    Hello, I really need some advice in taking my next step for applying for a law enforcement agency. I'm 19 years old, almost 20, I want a career in law enforcement however I'm not old enough to apply for most agencies yet which is fine because I'll be patient but I did apply for LA County sheriff a few months ago and I made it all the way to the background process but I was terminated from my job two weeks ago. My BI told me its best to withdrawal at this point because I need to hold a job through the whole background process. So I withdrew and I've been trying to figure out the next step. I worked for my most recent job for 9 months and before that I worked at my very first job for almost two years. I resigned at my first job to go work full time at my most recent one. I'm currently looking for work, now my question is, should I wait until I get another job to apply again? Or should I try to apply to a different agency? Or do all agencies require you to be employed to hire you? I really would like to work for Los Angeles county but I was also considering applying for Ventura county since they're hiring and I'm old enough to apply now and I was interested in San Bernardino County Sheriff, since that is where I live. However I'm not old enough to apply for SB yet, (20.5) is minimum age to apply. I definitely want to get another job as soon as possible and I'm applying around the clock but I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you for protecting the people and giving so much of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go to college and get a degree in almost anything
    Work part time during college and start applying your last 6 months before you graduate.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

" but I was terminated from my job two weeks ago" Your odds of getting hired after being terminated without obtaining a new job and being discipline free for 6 months to a year are slim.

Comment

Read Post #2 over and over again. Memorize it, then apply it.

Comment

Why were you terminated? That alone will have a tremendous bearing on the likelihood of your being hired at all?
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Attention to detail helps. I'm not sure what hiring standards have to do with traffic enforcement

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              Go to college and get a degree in almost anything
              Work part time during college and start applying your last 6 months before you graduate.
              What he said. Also like previous posters stated the reason why you were fired is going to affect you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3293 users online. 160 members and 3133 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X