300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Inspection Sticker Abolition

Starting March 1st, the great State of Texas is abolishing vehicle inspection stickers. Inspection will still be necessary, but the stickers will not be issued anymore. Instead, proof of inspection will lie with the receipt of the vehicle registration sticker: you won't be able to obtain a vehicle registration sticker if you have not passed an inspection.

I think it's a great idea & it gets rid of that disgusting clutter on my windshield and I don't have to use as much Goof-Off to remove the adhesive after replacing the stickers.

My question is: can we take off all of our inspection stickers (even if they have a few months left on them) starting March 1st? I looked around for an answer on the DMV site and elsewhere and I haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.

Not unless you've renewed your plate. If the last digit on the registration sticker isn't a 6, you need the inspection sticker. (To the best of my knowledge.)
    Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
    Among Texas' finest
    Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
    Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
    Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Wow! That is an interesting way of doing it. In some states, they won't let you inspect the vehicle until AFTER you renew your registration.

Then again, there are other states that have gotten rid of their annual inspections altogether.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Expired inspection is one of my most common PC's to stop during the day. I don't have radar so I guess my productivity will go down....darnit!

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
          Expired inspection is one of my most common PC's to stop during the day. I don't have radar so I guess my productivity will go down....darnit!
          No front LP or LP not displayed properly.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I thought the Abolitionists went away after the CW..?

Oh! TEXAS! Never mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              No front LP or LP not displayed properly.
              Yep, those along with brake lamps and seat belts. However, I haven't written a no seat belt ticket in years. I tore it up while on bike patrol, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                I thought the Abolitionists went away after the CW..?

Oh! TEXAS! Never mind...
                Texas, it's like a whole 'nother country.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Wow! That is an interesting way of doing it. In some states, they won't let you inspect the vehicle until AFTER you renew your registration.

Then again, there are other states that have gotten rid of their annual inspections altogether.
                  When I was young and living in MO, that's the way it was done... inspection first. If it didn't pass, no plates.
                  Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                  Among Texas' finest
                  Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                  Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                  Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

6 am and its defective head lights all morning long

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4560 users online. 318 members and 4242 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X