Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Tickets

Hey Team,

One final question as I prepare for this endeavor with a police department that I applied too. I want to make sure everything I'm putting on the extended application (if offered an interview/conditional offer) is accurate.

Traffic Tickets
    - Every single ticket in my history has either been dismissed/adjudication withheld. Not a single ticket has been posted on my record as convicted/guilty. What does this REALLY mean?

On another thread that I opened, for the department I am interested in, a member advised "1-2 moving violations are okay, anything else will hurt you."

Am I still in violation? A buddy ran my license, shows all as adjudication withheld, not a single point on my license. I went to the DMV site, paid for a 7 year motor history from an authorized florida dmv rep, theres NOTHING on there but 2 accidents with citation issued on both.

Any insight brothers & sisters?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by WadsonF; 01-22-2015, 08:50 AM. Reason: women are cops too.
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

They really don't care what shows on your record...they will surely look at it.

It's what you've done and your honesty towards reporting it.

Your "buddy" checking your license just cause you asked is likely a very clear cut and dry violation of the database and department policy.

Comment

Your Motor Vehicle History means exactly what it says. YOU need to list each and anytime you were cited. Insofar as possible, you need to list the date,time, charge(s), and disposition of each charge. That means you do the very best you can.

My Agency is very strict concerning past traffic violations. In doing a Background Check, I looked very closely at these issues,as a matter of Agency policy. Honesty is your best friend here.

To follow up on my colleague's comments concerning your "buddy" running your DL for you. Not only is that a very serious error on his part, it could cost him his job, or even result in criminal prosecution, it wasn't necessary. For a nominal fee you can access your own Motor Vehicle History from your state DMV or similar agency.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Your Motor Vehicle History means exactly what it says. YOU need to list each and anytime you were cited. Insofar as possible, you need to list the date,time, charge(s), and disposition of each charge. That means you do the very best you can.

My Agency is very strict concerning past traffic violations. In doing a Background Check, I looked very closely at these issues,as a matter of Agency policy. Honesty is your best friend here.

To follow up on my colleague's comments concerning your "buddy" running your DL for you. Not only is that a very serious error on his part, it could cost him his job, or even result in criminal prosecution, it wasn't necessary. For a nominal fee you can access your own Motor Vehicle History from your state DMV or similar agency.
        Sorry for not providing the full details which made you guys jump into conclusion that this was a LEO. It's a buddy from the DMV.

I paid for the report which I mentioned previously, which only shows 2 accidents only, nothing about traffic.

Thanks for the added advice. I'll be sure to list what I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by WadsonF View Post
          Sorry for not providing the full details which made you guys jump into conclusion that this was a LEO. It's a buddy from the DMV.

I paid for the report which I mentioned previously, which only shows 2 accidents only, nothing about traffic.

Thanks for the added advice. I'll be sure to list what I can remember.

Not providing full details can, and often does result in a DQ at worst, or a Non-Select at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            Not providing full details can, and often does result in a DQ at worst, or a Non-Select at the least.
            I definitely 10-4 that message, brother. I'm going through every city I've ever driven in and doing a search for citations under my drivers license number. That will surely help me list all my citations. If there is a better route I'm all ears. But my official DMV record shows nothing at all. 0 pts on license too.

Comment

OP just disclose everything and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                OP just disclose everything and you'll be fine.
                definitely copy that!

thank you.

Comment

I had three speeding tickets before being hired. I think all three were off the DMV record before I was going through my background investigation. The BI has ways of seeing your record that don't show up on a regular search. Admit all violations and remember the longer amount of time that goes by before your BI and your previous violations is good. If your getting numerous moving violations a year before they look at your background it might be a problem.

Comment

I'm no one's 'brother' but I second that. Disclose everything, and you should be fine. Though I suggest that if you are hired, you remember that some of your coworkers are women.
                    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                      I'm no one's 'brother' but I second that. Disclose everything, and you should be fine. Though I suggest that if you are hired, you remember that some of your coworkers are women.
                      I did not mean to sound sexist or mean that in an offensive way. Some of the names on the forums I recognize as I've been here since 2006 so brother is just habit. My apologies.

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                      I had three speeding tickets before being hired. I think all three were off the DMV record before I was going through my background investigation. The BI has ways of seeing your record that don't show up on a regular search. Admit all violations and remember the longer amount of time that goes by before your BI and your previous violations is good. If your getting numerous moving violations a year before they look at your background it might be a problem.
                      This is going to sound stupid, but does Red light Camera, Tints, No Proof of Insurance (gave me that in lieu of ticket, although I had my insurance) count *** moving violations?

90% of my tickets have nothing to do with speeding. I received one speeding ticket in 8/14/14 (that has been dropped, no points) and one speeding ticket in 2011 that also has been dropped, no points.

If I am just asking the same questions re-worded, let me know I'll definitely just cool it and accept the responses that I received about disclosing and i'll be fine.

I just get nervous easy as instead of wanting to do this when I was 19, I waited until now, 26. And it feels like there's always something new happening or DQ that's just filtering people.

Comment

Don't over think it, just list tickets you've received. You'll be good
                        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Rest assured that a Background Investigator can get deeper into a driving record that a local DMV employee can under most circumstances.

A DMV SUPERVISOR might be able to get past some of the limitations of the computer programs but normally not a DMV clerk.

Most Investigators go through the DMV central office for their information

This is going to sound stupid, but does Red light Camera, Tints, No Proof of Insurance (gave me that in lieu of ticket, although I had my insurance) count *** moving violations?

90% of my tickets have nothing to do with speeding. I received one speeding ticket in 8/14/14 (that has been dropped, no points) and one speeding ticket in 2011 that also has been dropped, no points.

If I am just asking the same questions re-worded, let me know I'll definitely just cool it and accept the responses that I received about disclosing and i'll be fine.

I just get nervous easy as instead of wanting to do this when I was 19, I waited until now, 26. And it feels like there's always something new happening or DQ that's just filtering people.
                          Most red light cameras are civil in nature and are not tied to driving records..................

Everything else is fair game.............while tints and equipment violations aren't normally movers...........you still should disclose them
                          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 01-22-2015, 10:17 AM.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Wadson, just a thought. Go a little easy on all that "cop jargon". If you make the cut, you'll be hearing it for the next twenty years or more. In my case, it was thirty eight.

Comment

Disclose everything and don't have tint on your windows when the BI shows up at your house. I don't think they are looking for anything in particular, except, a long history of receiving tickets and a dangerous driving history.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2981 users online. 153 members and 2828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X