• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    eaker995
    Forum Member

• eaker995
    replied
    Well since you mean lobbying, I will neither support nor not support any type of legislation like this and neither would my union. Simple answer...we don't care that much about it. It doesn't bother us one bit. If a law was passed, we would do our job.

Leave a comment:

• Cbr
    replied
    What's an aed? Law enforcement agencies and unions lobby legislatures all the time. Or are asked to weigh in by other lobbyists. That's what I mean by support.

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    Forum Member

• eaker995
    replied
    Nice job of getting an AED for this thread.

As was mentioned early on in the responses, police do not write laws, legislatures do. It doesn't matter what we "support". If a law like this was passed, it would be enforced just like any other traffic law.

Leave a comment:

• Cbr
    replied
    This guy didn't do himself any favors, but I'd say he's hit on a real problem with traffic conjestion, and a significant cause of a good number of accidents. People braking to change lanes, or to exit, or not getting up to speed to enter a freeway are probably the #1 cause of traffic jams and the associated accidents.

I guess the question is would law enforcement support legislation requiring anyone exiting or entering a freeway to meet or exceed traffic speed for a safe, efficient merge?

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    Forum Member

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I'm still trying to find what was impolite about this statement. It's true.
    Its the lack of a period after the word "concerns". This is a civilized nation, for pete's sake!

<shrug>

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    Forum Member

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Laws are not made by the police. Consult your state legislator with your concerns
    I'm still trying to find what was impolite about this statement. It's true.

Leave a comment:

• JediWarrior
    Forum Member

• LEO10-97
    replied
    Originally posted by Shush View Post
    See this is what happens when self-entitled children are told by their parents they are smart, when in actuality - they like to taste the crayons.

He wants to punish people slowly merging into traffic -- by having cops turn on their lights, interrupt the traffic flow just to write the person a ticket. Then you have the lanes slowing down to slower than the guy originally merging was going, just to see if its someone they know. Then, you end up working a 3 car accident with fatalities when everyone hits there brakes because they see a cop on the side of the road tazing granny for arguing about going to slow.

And that is better??????

Just eat your crayons and drink a big glass of STFU.

Lmfao

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    Forum Member

• Shush
    replied
    See this is what happens when self-entitled children are told by their parents they are smart, when in actuality - they like to taste the crayons.

He wants to punish people slowly merging into traffic -- by having cops turn on their lights, interrupt the traffic flow just to write the person a ticket. Then you have the lanes slowing down to slower than the guy originally merging was going, just to see if its someone they know. Then, you end up working a 3 car accident with fatalities when everyone hits there brakes because they see a cop on the side of the road tazing granny for arguing about going to slow.

And that is better??????

Just eat your crayons and drink a big glass of STFU.

Leave a comment:

• Amigo1342
    Forum Member

• Amigo1342
    replied
    Those wildfires too...

Leave a comment:

• JediWarrior
    Forum Member

• LEO10-97
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra259 View Post
    What's strange about that? Those are close to the traffic fines for California...

And that's why I don't live in California, and earthquakes I hate those things

Leave a comment:

• Sierra259
    Forum Member

• Sierra259
    replied
    Originally posted by LEO10-97 View Post
    1st offense $500, 2nd $1000, and 3rd lose your license??????

What the..... Im at a lost of words.
    What's strange about that? Those are close to the traffic fines for California...

Leave a comment:

• eaker995
    Forum Member

• eaker995
    replied
    Just to make sure we are fair to all. Let's set the same limits on people who speed on the off-ramp after exiting a highway. Most in my neck of the woods are set at 35-40. Many people are still doing close to 60 as they approach the stoplight after exiting. Speed 3 times, lose your license. "rolls eyes"

Leave a comment:

• JediWarrior
    Forum Member

• FutureLeo76
    replied
    1st offense $500, 2nd $1000, and 3rd lose your license??????

What the..... Im at a lost of words.

Leave a comment:

• Amigo1342
    Forum Member

• Amigo1342
    replied
    Oh, most definitely without question.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    Forum Member

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Yeah, it sorta seemed appropriate. This guy was definitely a "Skippy".

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2488 users online. 161 members and 2327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X