300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Near a Stop Sign in NV

Several new neighbors have moved in recently. I don't know which neighbor it is, but one of them is apparently involved in an HVAC repair business. They have a large bright yellow company truck. It's an eyesore, so of course they don't want to park it in front of their house. Instead they have chosen to park it around the corner, right next to the stop sign at the entrance/exit to our neighborhood. This is a narrow residential road; their truck blocks approximately 25% of the width of the road, and as I said they are parked right next to the stop sign. It is certainly in the way. If it were not there, every single car that exits the neighborhood would pass through that space. Instead they are forced to carefully navigate around it.

Since I don't know who it belongs to, I'm going to leave a note. I would like to tell them that it is illegal to park right next to a stop sign at an intersection, but despite me always thinking it was illegal I can't find anything in NV law to support this. Any NV cops that can confirm if I've been imagining this law for all this time?

http://www.myparkingsign.com/nevada-parking-signs

NRS 484B.450 (1) No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic-control device, in any of the following places:
    • On a sidewalk; In front of a public or private driveway; Within an intersection; Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant where parallel parking is permitted, or within 20 feet where angle parking is permitted; On a crosswalk or within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection; Within 30 feet of a traffic control signal; In or near a safety zone; Within 50 feet of a railroad crossing; Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to a fire station, or, when properly posted, within 75 feet on the side opposite the entrance; Alongside or opposite any street excavation; On the side of a vehicle stopped or parked on the street; Upon any bridge or other elevated structure or within a highway tunnel; or at any other place where official traffic-control devices prohibit stopping, standing, or parking.
    (4) A local authority may place official traffic-control devices prohibiting or restricting the stopping, standing or parking of vehicles on any highway where in its opinion stopping, standing or parking is dangerous to those using the highway or where the vehicles which are stopping, standing or parking would unduly interfere with the free movement of traffic. It is unlawful for any person to stop, stand or park any vehicle in violation of the restrictions stated on those devices.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-04-2014, 08:24 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Cool thank you. I did see that one but was sort of unsure if "traffic control signal" included stop signs because most people think of a "signal" as a traffic light with red/yellow/green. I appreciate you doing the research and confirming for me!

Comment

Here a traffic control device is just that. Anything that controls traffic--a traffic light, yield, stop signs, police officer directing traffic etc.
        If you called 911 they may just tow it, problem solved.
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4228 users online. 232 members and 3996 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X