300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learner's Permit -- Juvenile Driving Out of State

Curious about this; not able to find a reputable source for a good answer.

Can a juvenile who is not yet 16 - but has a valid VA learner's permit at 15 1/2 years of age - drive a vehicle in another state that requires you to be 16 before driving at all?

The vehicle is owned by the kid's father & mother -- and one parent will be with him at all times if he is driving (which will only be an hour or two at a time).

Thanks!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Good question

Drivers Licenses are valid in every state ----------so I can't see any reason why a learners permit isn't also.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That is what I was thinking as well. :-)

~ Thank you! ~

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Dutch I agree with Iowa. As long as there's a legal permit and a licensed driver I don't see an issue driving out of state

Comment

Alabama reply. He'd be good to go in Alabama, provided the required licensed adult driver was present.

Comment

In NY, as long as you are abiding by the issuing states laws, you are fine.

Comment

Should not be an issue, but be aware some (all?) states have limitations (such as no night time driving) for juveniles.

Comment

This pertains to Colorado only....

DMV will accept out-of-state (OOS) learner's permits from some states and not others. Restrictions on a regular learner's permit apply to a driver with an OOS.

New to Colorado?

If you’ve recently moved to Colorado from another state, you have 30 days to transfer your out-of-state driver’s license.

If you have an out-of-state learner’s permit, contact the Colorado DMV directly to check if you can transfer it for a CO instruction permit.

If you’re 16 years old or older and you have a valid out-of-state driver’s license in your possession, you may be able to obtain a CO driver’s license without taking the written or driving tests.
                http://www.dmv.org/co-colorado/drivers-permits.php
                Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3562 users online. 239 members and 3323 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X