300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Vehicle Enforcement

I work at a medium sized department along the corridor of a couple of highly trafficked freeways, and will be starting to look at commercial vehicles for interdiction enforcement. I am writing to the group to see if they would be willing to share some of their favorite commercial vehicle code violations.

Thank you in advance.

I took a weeklong class 2 years ago called Commercial Vehicle Criminal Interdiction. It was a very good class, with a lot of information. I would strongly suggest it to anyone interested in the topic. However it's sensitive material and as such they take OpSec seriously.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureBlu View Post
      I work at a medium sized department along the corridor of a couple of highly trafficked freeways, and will be starting to look at commercial vehicles for interdiction enforcement. I am writing to the group to see if they would be willing to share some of their favorite commercial vehicle code violations.

Thank you in advance.
      get with your state MVE guys.......................they are fun to work with when dealing with a Commercial Vehicle driver that needs adjusted
      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 06-18-2014, 09:55 PM.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Commercial Vehicle Enforcement

Some of the simply ones. For example:

-Wrong Class Driver License (Class A truck with Class B Driver License)

-No or expired medical certificate

-Expired registration on truck tractor and/or trailer

-Overweight violation

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          get with your state MVE guys.......................they are fun to work with when dealing with a Commercial Vehicle driver that needs adjusted
          I love it when truckers get stupid. I have dispatch call a trooper to my location and I just sit back and watch the trooper break in off in the trucker.

Comment

I continue to be amazed at the number of truck drivers that don't know what a registration is. And it seems like half of the trucks I stop don't have their registration/cab card with them. I write that ticket often.

Comment

Defective/ no mud flaps. This is an easy one along with the other equipment and moving violations.

Comment

It used to be the case that commercial vehicle enforcement was left to the state police, but I now see many county police departments and sheriff's offices sporting their own commercial vehicle enforcement units. Fairfax and Prince William are out all the time - and even Stafford has gotten in on the action recently.

Having friends & family members in the transportation industry, though, I know some of the BS that companies put off on their drivers. It is not fair to throw the driver under the bus (pun intended) for being FORCED to drive equipment that has had less than ideal maintenance.

All a driver can do is write it up on his daily sheet and turn it into his boss for repair of any defects. If a driver says he doesn't want to operate something with a defect (brakes out of adjustment, burned out lights, etc.), his boss will just have someone else drive it and the complaining driver will not get paid for that day. It's not all just a bunch of rogue truckers trying to play "Convoy" against Smokey, while popping pills to stay awake for twenty four hours.

One thing I do see that should demand police attention is those fools using F-350 pickup trucks to pull VERY HEAVY earthmovers or graders that far exceed the GCWR. You need a big rig to safely haul that much weight.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 342 members and 6019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X