300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix It Ticket

Hello officers so I received my first ticket "fix it ticket" by the Highway Patrol for a expired registration sticker. He said to fix it within 60 days, my question is that I am trying to apply into PD right now do I put on the applications that I have been cited and ticketed or is this just a warning? (SRSLY I don't know) this is my first ticket ever so I wouldn't know if this is some type of infraction? Any help would be great.

It's probably an actual citation for Expired Registration because the courts can only deem it fixed! You should be able to look at the citation and tell whether its a warning or not. If you can't tell contact the court that the citation was written out of.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

It should be pretty clear by reading the document whether you have to post bond or appear in court by X date or not.

Comment

its easy, put your registration sticker on. drive to the nearst pd/sd/highway patrol station and have the dep/officer see that its on. they sign off. and you go to court house and pay fine. done. and yes its an automatic disqualification with NO department
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
          its easy, put your registration sticker on. drive to the nearst pd/sd/highway patrol station and have the dep/officer see that its on. they sign off. and you go to court house and pay fine. done. and yes its an automatic disqualification with NO department

There^^^is your answer, and yes, at some point in the application process you should mention the fact that you received the citation. It's NOT going to be a deal breaker.

Comment

Depends on your state. Here in PA, we have written warnings for items like that. You will be given a "comply by" date. If the officer who wrote the warning does not receive proof of "repair" by the date written on the warning, you will receive a citation in the mail. SO in the truest sense of the word, if you receive one and comply, you have never received a citation in PA and the courts are not even aware that it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              Hello officers so I received my first ticket "fix it ticket" by the Highway Patrol for a expired registration sticker. He said to fix it within 60 days, my question is that I am trying to apply into PD right now do I put on the applications that I have been cited and ticketed or is this just a warning? (SRSLY I don't know) this is my first ticket ever so I wouldn't know if this is some type of infraction? Any help would be great.
              Does it say "Notice to Appear" at the top? Does it say something about court at the bottom? Yes? Then it's a ticket.

If, following your violation of some traffic law, an officer has given you a piece of paper with some words and a bunch of numbers on it pertaining to the violation, then, yeah, you've been ticketed.

Oh, and if you're typing in that abbrviated textspeak, you probably don't have the maturity, education or life experience to be an officer. That should end right about the time you turn 15 or so.

SRSLY
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Thank you guys for the great responses greatly appreciate the feedback. As for @ateamer you know nothing about me so I could care-less about your input about my life thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                  . As for @ateamer you know nothing about me so I could care-less about your input about my life thanks all.
                  If you choose to remain on this forum you are going to find that many people here don't mince words. Some are more pointed than others in the way they expound their advice

WE (those of us who have been around the forum AND the profession a bit) often caution posters about using "texting language" on this forum.

The bottom line is that if you are wanting to be a police officer, you need to show US that you are serious enough about that desire to show our profession respect when asking questions.

If YOU CHOOSE to not follow our informal conventions and/or return our advice with passive agressive complaints about the way your questions are answered------you will not have a good expereince here.

AS FAR AS Ateamer's uptake on you and your "life"...........Those of us that have been in the business more than 10 minutes learn quickly how to evaluate those we interact with (both in peson, or using other communications measures). I think Ateamer hit the nail on the head

I see you didn't learn much since your last expereince here in 2011

http://forums.officer.com/t164921/#post2763041

http://forums.officer.com/t165118/
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

A fix it ticket is an actual ticket in California and comes with a $25 dismissal fee if you correct it, and much more if you don't. In fact, it is the officer's discretion to make it a fix it ticket or not. That ticket you got could have cost you a lot more had the officer decided to do so

Comment

If the applications ask whether or not you have received tickets within ... say...the last 7 years, you should disclose this information. Even if it is just a citation. Background Investigations typically reveal a lot of things and you don't want to have to explain why you were not forthcoming with information. If the applications do not include questions regarding tickets and/or citations, no need to say anything. Answer what you are asked without volunteering information. Hope this helps.

Comment

1. A" fix it ticket" is not a warning. Where in the world did u come to believe that.

2. Yes, you will disclose it under the penalty of never being hired for omitting information on a bi packet. Wonder what else you plan to leave out?

A fix it ticket will/can usually be dismissed for court cost. Which is usually ten dollars.

if u become an officer, do you plan to write someone a citation for the same offense? It seems very minor but point being is officers are held to a higher standard and are scrutinized more then the general public.

lastly.. you may not like any replies you received, but it is our pleasure to not only amuse us, but hopefully you as well!
                        sigpic

"When a police officer is killed, it's not an agency that loses an officer, it's an entire nation." -Chris Cosgriff, ODMP Founder

http://www.odmp.org/

Comment

Well, it doesn't make sense to me that he gave you 60 days to get the registration renewed. In my mind that doesn't constitute a "fix it" as it's an expired registration. I think of a "fix it" in regards to a mechanical malfunction like a headlight out. Giving some one a deadline implies that if you get it resolved in the specified time then there's no penalty. But what do I know?
                          Last edited by chapwolfe; 11-25-2014, 05:05 PM.
                          Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
                          Among Texas' finest
                          Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
                          Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
                          Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

If that's "Hayward, CA" that you live in, then you were pulled over by the California Highway Patrol.

CHP has an internal Notice to Correct Violation that is for mechanical and "fix-it" charges. If you correct it and get it signed off, it is not considered a Notice to Appear or a "traffic citation." If you do not correct the violation within the specified time period (usually 30 days), the Notice to Correct Violation is forwarded to the Courts for charges and it is considered a Notice to Appear (a traffic citation).

I would disclose it either way. While it doesn't get forwarded to the Courts if you fix the violation, you still got pulled over and were found to be in violation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 358 members and 5898 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X