300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front License Plates?

What is the purpose of front license plates? Why do some states require them while others do not?

I always find the American size/shape plates used in North America, Mexico and South America to be very ugly and not an asset to a car when placed on it, especially at the front. It can be rather ruinous for its lines.

Why do we have front license plates here? Just curious.

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
    Why do we have front license plates here? Just curious.
    To prove the vehicle has current registration.

Some states have made both front and rear plates mandatory..................it is what it is.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If I can't see your rear plate, I can still see your front plate and grab the registration number. It's helpful to me in a lot of situations. If you don't have a front plate, I have a reason to turn around on you, stop you, and figure out what your up to. Again, very helpful in a lot of situations.

I, personally, find the European style of license plates to be fugly. Some folks will have their state issued plate number printed on a Euro-style plate and affix that to the front of their car. No dice. I stop for that EVERY... SINGLE... TIME.
      sigpic

Comment

So we can run your plate while you sit unsuspecting at the other side of the intersection!
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

even more fun are the states like mine that require the front plate be displayed on the very front of the car (ie front bumper). Not the dash board, not a visor, not a window, but the bumper.
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Yeppers...must be attached.

Ummm some cars don't have such area already designated on the front bumper...like the corvettes..
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

For identification purposes, you know what a plate is for, not asthetics.
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Besides our artificially low speed limits, it is another way for us to trick you and stop you.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                  Besides our artificially low speed limits, it is another way for us to trick you and stop you.

100% right. We are still hate commies and will do anything to stop those red infiltrators!!!
                  Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post

Ummm some cars don't have such area already designated on the front bumper...like the corvettes..
                    I always say if you can afford the corvette then you can afford the no front tag ticket.

okay....I'm jealous

Comment

Not required in NC...shame, too.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

The 2nd plate is a spare in case you loose one.....Or want to put it on the wife's car..

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post

"unfortunately ma'am, the state of Texas doesn't care..."

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                            Not required in NC...shame, too.
                            How is that a shame? How on earth has it hindered you in your work?

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                              even more fun are the states like mine that require the front plate be displayed on the very front of the car (ie front bumper). Not the dash board, not a visor, not a window, but the bumper.
                              Same here in Ohio, if I'm not busy I'll usually stop and talk to them about it. You'd be amazed with the amount of illegal stuff I find out of stops like that.
                              "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                              I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6233 users online. 334 members and 5899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X