300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersection question

We have an intersection in town that I'm a little confused about.

At a 4 way with traffic lights, there is a sign that says "Stop Here on Red" 30' back fron the intersection, but no "No Turn on Red" sign. Is it legal for me to nose up to the edge of the intersection and make a right?

Laws will vary state to state, what state are you in?
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, I'm in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Google is your friend.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms.../chapter_2.pdf
        Last edited by LaPlaca; 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM.
        Originally posted by crass cop
        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Need more info. If you have to stop 30' back from the intersection, there is a reason for it, possibly a driveway for a business or commuter parking. Most likely, you will have no sight line from the legal stop position, and therefore cannot turn right on red without moving up. However, being stopped between the stop bar and intersection = violation. Check the state laws, and if that does not help, either check with local law enforcement or just wait for the green light.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies,

The reason I believe it is there is because tractor trailers from sylvania turn left onto the street I approach from, and being 2330 when I leave for work, there isn't alot of traffic. Good advice about asking local...the police station is on the corner of the intersection,lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3486 users online. 215 members and 3271 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X