300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revoked license question

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a question i had about an Revoked license.

I moved from NY last July to California and received a clean California license. A few months ago I received 2 letters from NY DMV that my license is now suspended in NY for 2 unpaid speeding violations that i forgot about since i moved.
    My question essentially is since i am in backgrounds for a few dept's are they going to know my NY license is revoked or just check my California license (which is clean) and what can i do about paying the other tickets since it's to late??
    Thanks

Yes, BI's run and check everything. Call NY get it paid.
    Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
    I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
    Originally posted by weinerdog2000
    as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Ok i'm looking on the notice's and there is no option for me to pay any type of fee online or in person to get in re-instated even though i don't live there anymore. Guess i'll just wait until Monday morning and call NYDMV.

Comment

Your Bi will find that you ignored the two cites in New York, so you are very likely to flunk no matter what.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/LicCP/default.html

•Your payments do not terminate the driver license or driving privilege revocations related to the civil penalties. You must request and receive approval from the DMV to apply for a new driver license or have your NYS driving privilege (out-of-state drivers) and pay required fees.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by GTV10 View Post
            I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a question i had about an Revoked license.

I moved from NY last July to California and received a clean California license. A few months ago I received 2 letters from NY DMV that my license is now suspended in NY for 2 unpaid speeding violations that i forgot about since i moved.
            My question essentially is since i am in backgrounds for a few dept's are they going to know my NY license is revoked or just check my California license (which is clean) and what can i do about paying the other tickets since it's to late??
            Thanks
            Know what bothers me? It's the fact you even asked the question. What I got from your post is that if the agency to which you've applied doesn't find out about the NY suspension, that's OK with you. Well, here's a news flash. The BI WILL find out about the New York suspensions. Clearing the suspension is your problem, and the sooner you contact NYDMV, the sooner you get started on that.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              Know what bothers me? It's the fact you even asked the question. What I got from your post is that if the agency to which you've applied doesn't find out about the NY suspension, that's OK with you. Well, here's a news flash. The BI WILL find out about the New York suspensions. Clearing the suspension is your problem, and the sooner you contact NYDMV, the sooner you get started on that.
              If an applicant has two recent FTAs, he flunks, regardless of whether they have been cleared.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I dunno about California, but in Missouri, even if you somehow get a valid Missouri license... you are considered driving while suspended in Missouri if any other state suspends your privileges

Forget about applying for a few years.

Comment

I was going to ask that Dingo...won't NY notify CA of the issue and they'll revoke his Cali license?
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                    I was going to ask that Dingo...won't NY notify CA of the issue and they'll revoke his Cali license?
                    Yes............the interstate compact should invoke this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact (yea I know wiki-----but it gives the basics)
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Can you tell I haven't done traffic in a LONG time? LOL I vaguely remember it.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Can you tell I haven't done traffic in a LONG time? LOL I vaguely remember it.
                        Vaguely remember?? Nope.

Ya think NY would...being that it is so strict here. Cripe....we exchanged our CDL for NY and they wanted everything plus our first born!

6 points or something to prove who you are...yada yada. Inspect the car, NY insurance...Calee insurance doesn't mean squat...the list goes on and on.......................
                        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Depends, states tend to be very sloppy. I work on the border of Kansas and Missouri (actually work full time in Kansas and part time in Missouri), we find tons of people with a valid license in one state, but revoked in the other.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                            Calm down PhilipCal... what did i do to stir you the wrong way?
                            I NEVER said it would be ok for the agency that i've applied with to be ok with the fact that they don't know about my revoked license. I paid one of the tickets and they obviously didn't receive it so even though it wasn't my fault now it is.
                            take a breather there buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
                              Forget about applying for a few years.
                              Sorry Sir but that's not going to happen, i want this to much. I sent One payment out before moving so it's their fault they lost it. If my BI asks me i'm going to be honest and just tell him, and if he wants me to pay the fees before i move on i will.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5500 users online. 318 members and 5182 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X