300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Question (California)

Last edited by cesarb; 04-18-2011, 04:46 PM.

We are peace officers in the State of California. A San Diego officer can cite you in Mendocino County. Stop listening to your friends who watch too much COPS.....
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Last edited by cesarb; 04-18-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
          We are peace officers in the State of California. A San Diego officer can cite you in Mendocino County.
          Ok then, here is your answer.

830.1 is the section that defines the authority of peace officers. 830.33 defines the authority of certain "special district" peace officers. Both are completely irrelevant to your issue. See above for your answer.

Also, Junior, I never said you were a kid looking to get out of a cite. Power down, dude.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Comment

Section 3 applies in your case. Again, we are cops in the State of Calif. The State gives us the authority, the "political subdivision" hires us and pays us to do the job in their area. An LAPD motor pulls people pver all the time on the freeway by my house that is NOT in the County of LA....he can do that.

Additionally, we caravan to the peace officer memorial in Sacrament every year. There are cites that are written by cops from all over the state on the 5 and 99.
              Last edited by FJDave; 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM. Reason: Add'l info
              sigpic
              Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Got it... thanks

Comment

Last edited by cesarb; 04-18-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I missed it.......what was the dumb question? Sounds like one of those "the cop has to stop at his city / county line" wives tales.
                    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                      I missed it.......what was the dumb question? Sounds like one of those "the cop has to stop at his city / county line" wives tales.
                      I believe he was in a certain county (don't remember which) and an Orange County deputy stopped him and issued him a ticket. A "friend" of his was giving him legal advice that the ticket wasn't valid. He found some statue that he thought proved some point.

He also got upset at Dave because he believed Dave was calling him a kid. Something like "I'm a grown adult"

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                        Ive actually had an attorney try that in court. Obviously didnt get too far, but it was pretty funny. Kept arguing over and over again trying to get the judge to toss the ticket. If even the attorneys dont bother to look up their own legal strategy I guess we cant expect others too. Job security at its finest

Comment

Was this question tapped out in morse code or what?
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
                            Ive actually had an attorney try that in court. Obviously didnt get too far, but it was pretty funny. Kept arguing over and over again trying to get the judge to toss the ticket. If even the attorneys dont bother to look up their own legal strategy I guess we cant expect others too. Job security at its finest
                            If an attorney doesn't know such a basic law, he should be disbarred. That is just gross incompetence for a criminal defense attorney to not know that.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                              If an attorney doesn't know such a basic law, he should be disbarred. That is just gross incompetence for a criminal defense attorney to not know that.
                              My guess is that he knew it.(Hope so anyway) but was just putting on a show for his client.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3538 users online. 217 members and 3321 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X