300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving too fast for conditions

I don't understand how I can get a ticket for driving at an unsafe speed if there is no accident. If the police officer doesn't know how fast I was going and nothing bad resulted from my driving how can my speed be unsafe for the rain? While driving home and I see a car flying up behind me and a couple seconds later I see police lights. He asked me if i know how fast I was going I said i wasn't sure just that i wasn't speeding. So i didn't get a speeding ticket I got one for driving too fast for conditions. Can anyone explain to me how I can get this ticket if I didn't wreak or break any laws?

Sure....you were going too fast for what would be considered safe for the conditions you were driving in. Anything past that, you will have to ask the officer in court....we weren't there, so we can't say why you were specifically cited.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by gerbear View Post
      I don't understand how I can get a ticket for driving at an unsafe speed if there is no accident. If the police officer doesn't know how fast I was going and nothing bad resulted from my driving how can my speed be unsafe for the rain? While driving home and I see a car flying up behind me and a couple seconds later I see police lights. He asked me if i know how fast I was going I said i wasn't sure just that i wasn't speeding. So i didn't get a speeding ticket I got one for driving too fast for conditions. Can anyone explain to me how I can get this ticket if I didn't wreak or break any laws?
      You DID break a law, you were driving too fast for conditions!
      You don't have to have an accident to get a ticket!
      I wasn't there so I can't answer for the officer who cited you.
      Pay your fine and move on with your life.

Comment

It doesn't matter what the speed limit was. You'd be amazed at how little it takes to wreck in the rain. Look up Hydroplaning if you haven't heard of it.
        "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
        I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Ah, it's a full moon....
          Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

If you dont know how fast you were going, how do you know you weren't speeding?
            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I’m sure glade I got my Crisis Intervention Training for the Mentally Ill update yesterday!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post
                I’m sure glade I got my Crisis Intervention Training for the Mentally Ill update yesterday!

Are you giving out free classes for us decent folk on here? God knows we could use the help dealing with some of these winners.

I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                  Are you giving out free classes for us decent folk on here? God knows we could use the help dealing with some of these winners.
                  Ask them questions, it calms them down…

Comment

Not the questions I'd be asking haha

Comment

Originally posted by USMARINE View Post
                      Not the questions I'd be asking haha

bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...damn, if I didn't just think the same thing.

"not the way I do it!"
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by gerbear View Post
                        You're serious, right? Even a cursory reading of your state's Driving Handbook will familiarize you with driving at speed(s) too fast for conditions. As a specific charge, "Speed too fast for conditions" is prohibited by law, and can be found in your state's Vehicle Code/Motor Vehicle Laws. It's conceivable that you could be driving the posted speed limit, and that, that speed would be too fast for existing conditions. (weather, road conditions, etc). The great majority of motorists who receive citations for " Unlawful Speed, or Speed Too Fast for Conditions, don't have collisions either. Now to the fun part. If you feel you were charged inappropriately, unfairly, or the Officer was simply in error, you have the right to plead "Not Guilty" and request a trial date. The Officer who cited you will be subpeona'd to testify, and a Judge will decide to your guilt/innocence. In closing, you were cited because you DID violate a law(s)

Comment

We write that all the time "driving too fast for conditions", especially in the winter. Slow down when weather conditions are not so sunny or dry.

Comment

If you don't think you were driving too fast for the conditions, go to Court.

I write that every so often, but the state would have to prove why your speed was too fast. Every driver has different driving abilities, meaning a safe speed for me may not be a safe speed for you.

As has been stated before, none of us were there. We can not tell you why the citation was issued.

Comment

Driver perceived skill can not over ride newton. Physics are solid. Jeff Gordon in a pos truck with worn tires will still require a huge stopping distance.

Chances are you were above the speed limit. Becuase if
                              Was below the limit you would know your rate of Speed.
                              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5622 users online. 359 members and 5263 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X