Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this situation?

http://www.speedtrap.org/view/Texas/3274

When someone is driving in a new car just below the speed limit at cruise control and an officer tells them they were driving 12 mph over the cruise control? That's not even possible, is it, now?

What do you guys think of this?

Unless it was a certified speedometer it very well could be wrong.

Yes it even happens on new cars.

The cruise control only is as good as the components connected to it............one of them is the speedometer.

Yes it is possible.

And of course the posting that you linked could be BS..........................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Or it could be a true anecdote of something that actually happened. Or not. We'll never really know.

How does one certify a speedometer?

Comment

http://www.pntonline.com/opinion/con...ew-ticket.html

Why would speed limits change several times in a short distance? Why not merely keep it uniform across the entire distance and gradually increase or decrease it?

Comment

popcorn-boxes.jpg

This can get interesting......
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
            http://www.pntonline.com/opinion/con...ew-ticket.html

Why would speed limits change several times in a short distance? Why not merely keep it uniform across the entire distance and gradually increase or decrease it?
            You do realize that the Poo-Leece don't set speed limits.....? In most States, the State Dept of Transportation sets them on major highways..... On City Streets the City sets them......

Either way, we have nothing to do with it ........

Comment

You are assuming several things.

1. Some random person on a semi-anonymous site is telling the truth.

2. The person operating the car is correct and the officer was wrong.

I wasn't there, so I can't respond to this. This is exactly like someone at a party telling me a story that involves a friend of a friend and asking me to respond.

Also, small towns generally don't have the authority to set the speed limits on a State, US Highway or Interstate Highway.

Speed limits typically drop before city limits on non-access controlled highways for several reasons. The most common being increased traffic and exits (such as gas stations, grocery stores, ect), those create dangerous situations involving traffic attempting to merge

Also, aren't you the one who wanted the US highway system to be more like Germany's?

I know in Germany the speed limit drops drastically once you enter towns and roadways with stoplights, stop signs, business turn offs, ect... and those speed limits are very strictly enforced.
              Last edited by Dingo990; 04-05-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Don't feed the troll. This is the same jackass that thinks speed limits don't apply to him.
                GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Possiblity
                  Probability

Look them up.
                  Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Note to OP: There is no law, Federal, State or local, that requires any vehicle be equipped with a speedometer. It is merely an instrument that is installed by the auto manufacturer to allow a driver to maintain a level and sane control over how fast they drive. If you wish to remain relatively immune from getting a traffic ticket for speeding, take the time to have your speedometer calibrated. Most AAA clubs offer this service to members for free; or non-members for a small stipend. Then you will have a greater ability to maintain safety while operating your motor vehicle.
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

This total troll is not the least bit interested in safety or consideration of other motorists. He is a totally self absorbed, self entitled,"it's all about me" jerk. He's returned to the forum after a short hiatus. Nothing we can say, individually, or as a forum,has any impression on him. He is a confirmed troll, and a certified idiot. That's on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                        Don't feed the troll. This is the same jackass that thinks speed limits don't apply to him.
                        Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                        This total troll is not the least bit interested in safety or consideration of other motorists. He is a totally self absorbed, self entitled,"it's all about me" jerk. He's returned to the forum after a short hiatus. Nothing we can say, individually, or as a forum,has any impression on him. He is a confirmed troll, and a certified idiot. That's on a good day.
                        Ah. A baiter you say. He's good at it. I dare say a 'master baiter'.
                        sigpic
                        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                          Ah. A baiter you say. He's good at it. I dare say a 'master baiter'.
                          no

He is a master at nothing...................he is not significant enough to be a master.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MOve back to Mother Russia and ask the cops there what you can get away with.
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                              Note to OP: There is no law, Federal, State or local, that requires any vehicle be equipped with a speedometer. It is merely an instrument that is installed by the auto manufacturer to allow a driver to maintain a level and sane control over how fast they drive. If you wish to remain relatively immune from getting a traffic ticket for speeding, take the time to have your speedometer calibrated. Most AAA clubs offer this service to members for free; or non-members for a small stipend. Then you will have a greater ability to maintain safety while operating your motor vehicle.
                              Wisconsin requires a speedometer on any vehicle unless said vehicle is a commercial motor vehicle equipped with a tachometer or governor.

Originally posted by Wisconsin Statute 347.41
                              Speed indicators. No person shall operate on a highway
                              any motor vehicle primarily designed for use upon a highway
                              unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a speedometer which
                              with reasonable accuracy registers the speed of the vehicle, except
                              that motor trucks or truck tractors may be equipped with tachometers
                              or any other devices that indicate speed and motor vehicles
                              transported pursuant and in compliance with s. 341.47 (1) (b) and
                              (c) may be equipped with a governor of speed of a type which
                              restricts speed and which is set at a level equal to or below the limits
                              of 55 miles per hour in lieu of a speedometer.
                              As far as the OP is concerned, yea right.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3151 users online. 180 members and 2971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X