Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In NY (state or city)... how do you deal with drivers without a license?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In NY (state or city)... how do you deal with drivers without a license?

I ask because in Federal commercial vehicle enforcement, vehicles are placed out of service if the license is expired, or is invalid because of a restriction/endorement issue, driving out of class, and so on... But for commercial vehicles driving intrastate (ambulettes, passenger buses, limousines are especially worrisome) neither myself nor my supervisors believe there is any authority for us to put the drivers out. There definitely is NOTHING in transportation law that lets us do it, because the Federal section isn't adopted, but I'm wondering if any police know of a way to do it in VTL?
    "Afraid of dying alone? Become a bus driver!"

If New York Law doesn't address the issue you reference, and if the Federal section isn't adopted, I don't see much you can do. I can offer Alabama Law, but it's not going to do you one bit of good in New York.

Comment

It seems that way, indeed. I have stretch hummers with no emergency exits and brakes that are shot with a driver with a D license for 20 passengers, and all I can do is write a civil penalty and can't even take the thing off the road as of now, it's insanity.
      "Afraid of dying alone? Become a bus driver!"

Comment

Last edited by nyc7011; 09-03-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Don't know about NY, but in FL we can tow vehicles if they are a safety hazard. We aren't taking them out of service, just removing a hazardous vehicle from the roadway. No brakes on a stretch limo would definitely qualify as a safety hazrd. Maybe you could look into what your department allows in that regard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 348 members and 6002 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X