Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Lights Out.

Simple question:

Say, a traffic light is out. (blacked out, from power outage, etc). In my state, the intersection would now be treated as a four way stop.

Hypothetically, if a driver was to get stopped after blowing through this intersection, would he be issued a cite for fail to stop at a stop sign, or a red light?

Or maybe something else?

Here in CA, they would be cited for....wait for it......failure to stop at an inoperable traffic signal.....which I think is around 21457 CVC or so.....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was a specific statute dedicated to that. I guess I can always dig around traffic code books on my own time. Thanks though.

Comment

Here in VA, the unwritten rule is that all drivers just asssume their light should have been green.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Here in VA, the unwritten rule is that all drivers just asssume their light should have been green.

Same here.
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Well, put that way, its the same rule here as well!

Which is why you usually will not see us directing traffic at a dead traffic signal late at night......just put out some flares, and light up the intersection as well as possible.

I'm getting too old and slow to be playing 'frogger' with the DUI drivers!
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Here the cite would be for Failure to Yield at an Uncontrolled Intersection.

As mentioned, most people just assume that if the light isn't red, they don't care.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

That's what it seems like to be here. Some people give me looks/honks when I actually stop. Others, from seeing me stop, suddenly remember what their DMV handbook said and slam on their brakes halfway through the intersection.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_Alex View Post
                  That's what it seems like to be here. Some people give me looks/honks when I actually stop. Others, from seeing me stop, suddenly remember what their DMV handbook said and slam on their brakes halfway through the intersection.
                  Sounds like what they do in and at the roundabouts, too....I swear, people need to learn the difference between "yield" and "stop".
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever
                  Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Tfresh

And EVERY time they have complained when they got a ticket that I should have been in the intersection directing traffic, not ticketing them.

You gotta admit that such a thought would come to mind.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6457 users online. 349 members and 6108 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X