300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
    No one here is going to bite and say you were pulled over based on your race and location. Stop fishing.

Many times we as police get information involving vehicles or persons, such as descriptions of those fitting a recent robbery, theft, kidnapping, etc. Your car may have matched the description and given the timeline been in the area where they were looking for the baddies. After finding out you weren't a baddie, they decided to cut you loose and get back to finding the missing little girl/person who raped the nun/bank robbers rather than coddle you and pat your bottom and say "now little Johnny we sure are gosh golly sorry we had to scare you. Sit down and I'll tell you a story my daddy told me over this here soda pop...."
    Officer Career, I just HAD to come out of "retirement" to respond to the excuse you just presented. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that same, tired, "you fit the description" line, I'd be a millionaire 2 x's over. It would be like me saying to you as you walk into any establishment, "hey, officer ---> he did it!". At least be original. Say to me, "man, how in the hell can you afford that car? You selling, doing something illegal on the side?" I will at least respect your brutal honesty, and would let YOU off without filing a complaint.

Now you officers be safe out there. Take care.
    “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

Comment

Ah, so your true colors come out. Anytime you are stopped it's because of your race/car huh? You sir are a professional victim. The only racist here is you, and apparently you don't like the color blue we all represent.

So, I guess in all those times I've stopped cars that matched descriptions of vehicles we were looking for I was wrong? Yup, done that lots of times. Know how many complaints I've gotten? None. That's right, zero. Once I verified they weren't who we were looking for I said "Okay sir/ma'am we are looking for a car like this. Sorry to have cause you a delay." Yup, no worries. You're mind is as narrow as your outlook on the world. So I'll tell you what, I hope if you ever are the victim of a crime you get a name/DOB of the suspect because I sure would hate to have to stop someone who matches the description you provided and have them think it's because of the way the dress, the color of their skin, their sex, or where they happen to be walking.

You probably believe everything you hear that is spewed from the mouths of "activists" don't you? Tell ya what, why don't you sign up for a ride along and see how things look from our perspective before you DARE to sit there and call me a liar and a racist. The difference between all of us and you isn't the color of our skin or person we call God, it's the fact that you won't take a second and TRY to stand behind us while we willingly stand in front of you. I can deal with opinions, but I can't deal with blatant stereotypes and bigotry, and you are most deffinately a bigot.

Comment

Originally posted by careerchange#2 View Post
        Ah, so your true colors come out. Anytime you are stopped it's because of your race/car huh? You sir are a professional victim. The only racist here is you, and apparently you don't like the color blue we all represent.

So, I guess in all those times I've stopped cars that matched descriptions of vehicles we were looking for I was wrong? Yup, done that lots of times. Know how many complaints I've gotten? None. That's right, zero. Once I verified they weren't who we were looking for I said "Okay sir/ma'am we are looking for a car like this. Sorry to have cause you a delay." Yup, no worries. You're mind is as narrow as your outlook on the world. So I'll tell you what, I hope if you ever are the victim of a crime you get a name/DOB of the suspect because I sure would hate to have to stop someone who matches the description you provided and have them think it's because of the way the dress, the color of their skin, their sex, or where they happen to be walking.

You probably believe everything you hear that is spewed from the mouths of "activists" don't you? Tell ya what, why don't you sign up for a ride along and see how things look from our perspective before you DARE to sit there and call me a liar and a racist. The difference between all of us and you isn't the color of our skin or person we call God, it's the fact that you won't take a second and TRY to stand behind us while we willingly stand in front of you. I can deal with opinions, but I can't deal with blatant stereotypes and bigotry, and you are most deffinately a bigot.
        Officer Career, I was speaking in general terms. Come on, man. I don't know "you" to challenge your integrity.
        “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro View Post
          Officer Career, I just HAD to come out of "retirement" to respond to the excuse you just presented. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that same, tired, "you fit the description" line, I'd be a millionaire 2 x's over. It would be like me saying to you as you walk into any establishment, "hey, officer ---> he did it!". At least be original. Say to me, "man, how in the hell can you afford that car? You selling, doing something illegal on the side?" I will at least respect your brutal honesty, and would let YOU off without filing a complaint.

Here it is in brief. You're "marginalized" Lord , I love that word, because you choose to be. You're a victim because you choose to be. You still haven't shared with us why the cops in Bel Aire stopped you. You would have us believe it was for no reason. I call the BS card on that one. You're totally full of crap, pure and simple. Here's my prescription for a better life for you. Ditch the drama, ditch the paranoia, quit being such a freakin cry baby, grow the phuc up, accept responsibility for your actions, and enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
            Here it is in brief. You're "marginalized" Lord , I love that word, because you choose to be. You're a victim because you choose to be. You still haven't shared with us why the cops in Bel Aire stopped you. You would have us believe it was for no reason. I call the BS card on that one. You're totally full of crap, pure and simple. Here's my prescription for a better life for you. Ditch the drama, ditch the paranoia, quit being such a freakin cry baby, grow the phuc up, accept responsibility for your actions, and enjoy life.
            This guy is one of the better condescending jerks we have dealt with lately..............
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Office Phillip, you're assuming that I behaved in a way that brought out the behaviour. One incident i will share with you.

I worked at UCLA as a fund analyst from 94-2000, and often times I'd end up having to stay late. To get home I'd have to travel through Beverly Hills/Bel Air. One night, i'm sitting at a light, and two cops pull up next to me. One screams to kill my ignition and show him my keys. I didn't initially hear what he had said, and asked him to repeat. They put the lights on, pull me over, and then i'm asked to step out of my vehicle, and made to sit down on the curb. They get my license, reg/insurance - after about 10 minutes in their car, they come back and let me go. No explanation as to why i was even stopped. Similar situation with a deputy from the Altadena Sheriffs.

Maybe you can shed some light as to why I was stopped - driving too nice a car, wrong area?
              So, you want me to believe that you were a victim, right? Well, I've already replied to that. You're a victim because you choose to be. It's really that simple. Geez all this supposed drama took place six-seven years ago, and you're still singing the freakin blues. I'll tell you as politely as I can that you just may have issues. Issues which might need to be addressed by a health care professional. The only person who can shed light on why you were stopped is YOU. Come to grips with the fact that you just may have screwed up, and drop the race crap. It's overworked, past it's prime, and really doesn't place you in too favorable of a light. With respect to assuming, you're wrong. I assume nothing. You screwed up, you were stopped. No assumptions there. YOU'RE the one who says you were stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                This guy is one of the better condescending jerks we have dealt with lately..............
                Roger that. Not to mention a total non-comprehending tool as well.. Really believe he has some issues which are beyond our area(s) of expertise.

Comment

So be honest.....you short on cash and looking to sue someone?

Comment

Laugh School Cop. You make it sound like it's my right to ask, so I should. It must be nice to be on that side of the tracks. No Sir, by their vibe, and countenances, I decided to keep my damn mouth shut.

Officer LaPlaca, your hostility is growing with every post you make - have you noticed that? So i'll be the bigger person and say you're right, and i'm wrong. And with that, i'm done with this thread - global warming needs my full attention!
                    I smell a troll

Comment

Back in the early 90's, right after the Rodney King fiasco, I particpated in a series of meetings lead by the LAPD. Many of us were, and to a large degree, are still fearful of cops. A police captain, two LT's, and other officers were in attendance, and suggested we do the following when being pulled over:

1. Slow down to 20-25 mph
                      2. Turn on your emergency lights
                      3. Drive to a heavily populated area (no matter how long it took to get there)
                      4. Kill the ignition, place the keys on the dash, roll down all windows, turn off music, and keep your hands on the steering wheel

My question to you officers; would this upset you? Should I drop the paranoia, and just pull over where I am, trusting that I won't be in any danger?
                      I work in a populated area. The police helicopter, additional cars behind you, and the officer's throwing stop sticks in front of your vehicle should reassure you that I am legit. Further more once your tires are deflated should you choose to not exit the vehicle and follow my commands the K9 chewing on your rear end would be yet another clue that I am not an impersonator. Realize that failing to stop for more than a few blocks in many jurisdictions is considered a felony.
                      "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

Comment

Just had to take a look at this thread after seeing the other...

You Sir, are a Troll and a Class A Maroon (yes, I know, proper spelling is moron...).

You just blatantly accused the entire Law Enforcement Community of making illegal and unwarranted traffic stops without any basis or probable cause, based on your VAST experience with the subject.

Let me enlighten you my little Troll friend, as to why we would NEVER, even if we were corrupt enough to want to (which the VAST majority of us are not), do such a thing.

First, there is no NEED for us to make up a reason for a T-stop. There are so many violations out there that it just isn't necessary to do so.

Second, "fitting the description" is NOT a line we throw out to cover-up corrupt activity. We are allowed to perform T-stops based on the "fitting the description" rationale, however, this is a MUCH higher standard for us to meet than a normal traffic offense. In order for us to use this standard, there damn well better be a valid and documented BOLO/ATL (Be On the Look Out/Attempt To Locate) for said description whether it be a vehicle or person(s). Otherwise, when it goes to Court EVERYTHING will get tossed out and the entire case dismissed.

Doesn't matter if I catch you with a nuclear warhead in your trunk. If my basis for the stop is some BS "he fit the description" line and there is no documented criminal act for which we are seeking said description, ANYTHING I find/seize gets tossed. ALL evidence obtained is null and void as fruit of the poisonous tree. ALL charges will incontravertably be dismissed. And I will be wide open for you to file a big fat lawsuit, which you WILL win.

Take your anti-LEO BS and your ridiculous rationalizations elsewhere; they are not wanted here.

-V (when the Troll absolutely, positively, has to be stomped overnight)
                        Last edited by vincelli; 03-28-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5111 users online. 298 members and 4813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X