Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should have asked the LAPD Captain back in '91 if you was so afraid of us po-leece. 19 years later is a bit late.
    Originally posted by crass cop
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
      You should have asked the LAPD Captain back in '91 if you was so afraid of us po-leece. 19 years later is a bit late.
      Office LaPlaca, thought you were done with me? I mean, you sent me to troll hell and everything. LOL
      “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

Comment

OP, I will give you a little bit of leeway if you want to pull into a well-lit area. But drive for more than about 30 seconds, and you will raise my suspicion level. At the very least, you will be ordered via my PA speaker to turn off your car, roll down all windows and place your hands outside the vehicle. You will be treated with the highest suspicion throughout the entire stop. Why? Read up a few posts where an officer mentions the only type of people he has experienced who pull this.

How about this idea? (neighboring agency sent us a BOLO not 30 minutes ago about an vehicle with blue lights trying to pull someone over). Call 911 if you are in doubt of the identity of the person trying to pull you over. Ask 911 if an officer has called out trying to stop you. (this is what the person did. called 911. 911 advised they were not familiar with the vehicle. caller drove off. guy had no uniform, no weapon on his side, no badge displayed. guy turned off after caller left and did not pursue... odd.)

Comment

Originally posted by tn_gunslinger View Post
          OP, I will give you a little bit of leeway if you want to pull into a well-lit area. But drive for more than about 30 seconds, and you will raise my suspicion level. At the very least, you will be ordered via my PA speaker to turn off your car, roll down all windows and place your hands outside the vehicle. You will be treated with the highest suspicion throughout the entire stop. Why? Read up a few posts where an officer mentions the only type of people he has experienced who pull this.

How about this idea? (neighboring agency sent us a BOLO not 30 minutes ago about an vehicle with blue lights trying to pull someone over). Call 911 if you are in doubt of the identity of the person trying to pull you over. Ask 911 if an officer has called out trying to stop you. (this is what the person did. called 911. 911 advised they were not familiar with the vehicle. caller drove off. guy had no uniform, no weapon on his side, no badge displayed. guy turned off after caller left and did not pursue... odd.)
          Officer TN Gunslinger, I never looked at it that way, but after some of the comments posted, I understand where you officers are coming from.
          Again, no offense taken I hope. I'm paranoid, yes, but never disrespectful to you guys.
          “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

Comment

Well, Camaro, you still haven't answered my question, not that I really expected you to. Just for grins, I'll repeat it. Why is it now, after all these years, that you bring these issues up again? Seems like the passage of time would work to your advantage, not to mention the distance from Los Angeles. With respect to your questions, they have been answered. I noted to you that you can largely control the circumstances under which you operate. In the main that would consist of driving in such a manner as to not attract the attention of the police. Should you be stopped you simply obey the instructions of the Officer(s), apply a little common sense, absent the drama, and soon you'll go on about your business. You seem to have done that successfully for the past six or seven years, so what suddenly is the problem? Keep in mind that YOU approached this forum with questions. You've received honest, and I might add, good faith replies. So what then, once more, seems to be your problem? You also never fully replied as to how any actions/attitude on your part might have influenced or contributed to the Officer's actions as they pertained to you. Once more, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply. In fact, you seem determined to evade and avoid any responsibility for actions on your part which no doubt played a major role in how the police dealt with you. You will no doubt claim once more that I have "marginalized" you. I just love that term. It's simply another Dudley Do Right term for people who cannot, or will not take responsibility for their actions. Get over it Camaro, get on with your life.

Comment

Addenda to you Camaro. If you choose to be a victim as apparently you do, you will be a victim. If you make that choice as apparently you have, you, not us, will have to live with the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                Addenda to you Camaro. If you choose to be a victim as apparently you do, you will be a victim. If you make that choice as apparently you have, you, not us, will have to live with the consequences.
                Office Phillip, you're assuming that I behaved in a way that brought out the behaviour. One incident i will share with you.

I worked at UCLA as a fund analyst from 94-2000, and often times I'd end up having to stay late. To get home I'd have to travel through Beverly Hills/Bel Air. One night, i'm sitting at a light, and two cops pull up next to me. One screams to kill my ignition and show him my keys. I didn't initially hear what he had said, and asked him to repeat. They put the lights on, pull me over, and then i'm asked to step out of my vehicle, and made to sit down on the curb. They get my license, reg/insurance - after about 10 minutes in their car, they come back and let me go. No explanation as to why i was even stopped. Similar situation with a deputy from the Altadena Sheriffs.

Maybe you can shed some light as to why I was stopped - driving too nice a car, wrong area?

Comment

Camero,
                  Here is the deal. As a private citizen, you know there is a cop pulling you over.
                  As a cop pulling you over, we have no freaking idea who we are pulling over.
                  Even if we do pull over someone who is normally non violent, they could have just come from a very bad or depressing situation and try the suicide by cop routine. It could be an escaped convict wearing a priest's collar. We just don't know.

The point is, they have the advantage, we don't. I didn't relax until I was driving away.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                    Office Phillip, you're assuming that I behaved in a way that brought out the behaviour. One incident i will share with you.

I worked at UCLA as a fund analyst from 94-2000, and often times I'd end up having to stay late. To get home I'd have to travel through Beverly Hills/Bel Air. One night, i'm sitting at a light, and two cops pull up next to me. One screams to kill my ignition and show him my keys. I didn't initially hear what he had said, and asked him to repeat. They put the lights on, pull me over, and then i'm asked to step out of my vehicle, and made to sit down on the curb. They get my license, reg/insurance - after about 10 minutes in their car, they come back and let me go. No explanation as to why i was even stopped. Similar situation with a deputy from the Altadena Sheriffs.

Maybe you can shed some light as to why I was stopped - driving too nice a car, wrong area?
                    Once again this was at some time in the past in an area you no longer live in...................................it is relevant only as history not as present circumstances.

Those of us on the board can not explain the reasoning that the officers on scene at the time used to pull you over and run your information. THEY were present, we were not.

I can however assure you that thousands of people get pulled over by the police every day------------------------the percentage of those getting abused, or ===============(let me call this exactly what you are calling it, but not actually saying)=============================racially profiled is very low.
                    I'll bet the number of people getting pulled over every day is in the TEN THOUSAND number range----and HOW many are beaten down, abused, or profiled??????

Does it happen-----of course. Is there a possibility that YOU might get one of the few officers that is stupid enough to mess with a citizen in public, ON CAMERA, ----of course you could but the probability is slim.

I told you in my first post on this subject-------------------you can follow YOUR policy if you wish, but you will have to live with the consequences of your action----and you wont' like those consequences very well. But it will be your actions that drive that.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Your were pulled over. told to exit the car and sit on the curb while the officers/deputies completed their investigation. yes, i can see how you think the next time youre pulled over you might get your *** kicked. go worry about global warming or Japanese nuclear fallout.
                      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Back in the early 90's, right after the Rodney King fiasco, I particpated in a series of meetings lead by the LAPD. Many of us were, and to a large degree, are still fearful of cops. A police captain, two LT's, and other officers were in attendance, and suggested we do the following when being pulled over:

1. Slow down to 20-25 mph
                        2. Turn on your emergency lights
                        3. Drive to a heavily populated area (no matter how long it took to get there)
                        4. Kill the ignition, place the keys on the dash, roll down all windows, turn off music, and keep your hands on the steering wheel

My question to you officers; would this upset you? Should I drop the paranoia, and just pull over where I am, trusting that I won't be in any danger?
                        I work in Houston. Pull this s*** with me or anyone I work with and you'll get a felony stop, towed car and at least 1 night in jail.

Comment

You didn't ask? Obviously, they ran you and your car. I could venture a reasonable guess, but you're obviously smart enough to have figured that explanation out years ago, so I won't bother.

But I don't understand the mindset of some people I deal with, and I think you belong in this group. They listen respectfully, nod, say they understand, and then go away and get mad. They might call and complain, whereupon I have to do the same song and dance with my sgt, he has to do a full IA investigation, and all for nothing. You wanted to know why you were stopped that night? You should have politely asked the officers stopping you. Why wouldn't you do that???

See, Ask a Cop goes both ways - you get to ask a cop a LE question, and we also get to ask you, the citizen, why you do things in the inexplicable ways you do.
                          If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

this camaro guy reminds me of the sacks that nod and say they understand and then say, "But...blah blah blah" if you understand then there is no "Yeah, but's"

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
                              You didn't ask? Obviously, they ran you and your car. I could venture a reasonable guess, but you're obviously smart enough to have figured that explanation out years ago, so I won't bother.

But I don't understand the mindset of some people I deal with, and I think you belong in this group. They listen respectfully, nod, say they understand, and then go away and get mad. They might call and complain, whereupon I have to do the same song and dance with my sgt, he has to do a full IA investigation, and all for nothing. You wanted to know why you were stopped that night? You should have politely asked the officers stopping you. Why wouldn't you do that???

See, Ask a Cop goes both ways - you get to ask a cop a LE question, and we also get to ask you, the citizen, why you do things in the inexplicable ways you do.
                              Laugh School Cop. You make it sound like it's my right to ask, so I should. It must be nice to be on that side of the tracks. No Sir, by their vibe, and countenances, I decided to keep my damn mouth shut.

Officer LaPlaca, your hostility is growing with every post you make - have you noticed that? So i'll be the bigger person and say you're right, and i'm wrong. And with that, i'm done with this thread - global warming needs my full attention!

Comment

No one here is going to bite and say you were pulled over based on your race and location. Stop fishing.

Many times we as police get information involving vehicles or persons, such as descriptions of those fitting a recent robbery, theft, kidnapping, etc. Your car may have matched the description and given the timeline been in the area where they were looking for the baddies. After finding out you weren't a baddie, they decided to cut you loose and get back to finding the missing little girl/person who raped the nun/bank robbers rather than coddle you and pat your bottom and say "now little Johnny we sure are gosh golly sorry we had to scare you. Sit down and I'll tell you a story my daddy told me over this here soda pop...."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 267 members and 3627 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X