Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Serious Question

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Camaro View Post
    Officer Amw, i'm familiar with this video, and have laughed over it many times.
    Yeah, I'm getting a chuckle or two out of your offerings as well. It's really real simple Camaro, drive safely, avoid situations where you might occasion police action. You can do much to control the environment and circumstances you operate in. Ditch the drama and the paranoia. In that manner you'll avoid encountering that 1% you seem so anxious to group all of us with. It would seem too, that living in Houston Texas as you claim to, puts you far out of the reach of the depraved cops in LA. BTW, while admittedly no expert on LAPD, I can assure you there is NO Beverly Hills Divison. Beverly Hills is a separate incorporated city with it's own Police Dept.

    Comment


    • #17
      Officers HotSoup, Nikk, and MP1161, I see your points. Apologies if I offended.

      Officer Phillip, you may be right, but please don't call it bs/drama, and please don't patronize me, nor marginalize my experiences. This is a legitimate concern because these things happen.

      You be safe out there.
      “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

      Comment


      • #18
        I might give you some leeway to drive to a populated area, but I'm not going to play games. You want to drive 100 yards up the road to the Walgreens parking lot, fine. If you start pushing beyond that (at 25 MPH a single mile is a couple minute drive).. you are probably going to land in jail.

        Also, Rodney King was beaten after he lead the police on a chase and resisted officers attempting to handcuff him. I'm not defending those officers actions, but it wasn't just a normal traffic stop.

        Most encounters you'll be fine. Even if you are stopped by a "bad officer", if you just pull over and use common sense they will have little reason to screw with you.
        Last edited by Dingo990; 03-21-2011, 02:59 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Camaro View Post
          1. Slow down to 20-25 mph
          2. Turn on your emergency lights
          3. Drive to a heavily populated area (no matter how long it took to get there)
          Sorry, but I don't buy for a second ANY cop told you that.
          Last edited by jakflak; 03-21-2011, 11:35 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Camaro View Post
            1. Slow down to 20-25 mph
            2. Turn on your emergency lights
            3. Drive to a heavily populated area (no matter how long it took to get there)
            4. Kill the ignition, place the keys on the dash, roll down all windows, turn off music, and keep your hands on the steering wheel

            My question to you officers; would this upset you? Should I drop the paranoia, and just pull over where I am
            the only people ive experienced that do your suggestions are:

            1. trying to hide the dope
            2. trying to eat the dope
            3. trying to toss the dope out the window
            4. trying to hide the gun
            5. trying to access the gun
            6. put their seatbelt on
            Originally posted by crass cop
            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Camaro View Post
              Back in the early 90's, right after the Rodney King fiasco, I particpated in a series of meetings lead by the LAPD. Many of us were, and to a large degree, are still fearful of cops. A police captain, two LT's, and other officers were in attendance, and suggested we do the following when being pulled over:

              1. Slow down to 20-25 mph
              2. Turn on your emergency lights
              3. Drive to a heavily populated area (no matter how long it took to get there)
              4. Kill the ignition, place the keys on the dash, roll down all windows, turn off music, and keep your hands on the steering wheel

              My question to you officers; would this upset you? Should I drop the paranoia, and just pull over where I am, trusting that I won't be in any danger?
              It won't upset me in the least bit.

              You, on the other hand, will be quite upset when you have to pay for a new set of tires, a tow fee, an impound fee, and several hundred dollars in fines.

              As mentioned, this advice is given for situations when you are being stopped by an unmarked car and there is significant doubt if the car is in fact a police officer. Now days its updated to include a call to 911 on your cell phone to see if you're being stopped by a real police officer or not. It was NEVER intended as a catch-all for all traffic stops.

              Originally posted by Camaro View Post
              I understand the pressures you're under, don't think for a moment that I don't.
              No, you don't.

              Originally posted by Camaro View Post
              MP1161,
              Don't you treat us, the general public, based on the 1% that are out to harm you? So how then can you fault me for being fearful of all cops based on the 1%?
              As said, the percentage of people who intend to do us harm is far more than 1%. Here's the thing that you're missing though. Anyone we have contact with has the potential of causing us harm. 100% of the people we meet have the potential of causing us harm at any given moment. Most don't, but that doesn't change that fact. Bad guys don't go around wearing a distinct uniform that says "I'm here to hurt you."

              On the flip side, the percentage of corrupt officers in this country is less than 1/2 of 1% of the total. Of those corrupt individuals, the vast majority are thieves with no violence in their past whatsoever. So the actual percentage of officers who will cause you harm for no reason is somewhere around 1% of 1%.

              Originally posted by Camaro View Post
              It's like they were lumping us all in, and couldn't tell the difference between us, and the knuckleheads.
              Tell you what, I'm attaching four pictures. You tell me which one is the cop killer:

              A:

              B:

              C:

              D:

              Better yet, you only have about 5 seconds to decide while on the side of the road in the dark.
              \

              Comment


              • #22
                Officer JakFlak,
                Believe it. This stuff came directly from a Police Captain of the LAPD. I'm in Houston now, but this policy is ingrained into me now. Luckily, I haven't been pulled over in quite some time - 6, 7 years, and the times that I was pulled over, it was in a populated area.

                Office LaPlaca,
                I understand, and that does sound plausible.

                Officer SRT936,
                I'm going to assume ALL of them. Point taken.

                Might have ****ed some of you off, but that was not the intention. Appreciate the feedback.
                “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                  Officer SRT936,
                  I'm going to assume ALL of them. Point taken.
                  Actually no. The black guy just shot his girlfriend. The other three are cop killers.

                  Oh, and that's "Deputy" SRT936.
                  \

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I thought the black guy was Michael Vick, lol :P

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                      Officers HotSoup, Nikk, and MP1161, I see your points. Apologies if I offended.

                      Officer Phillip, you may be right, but please don't call it bs/drama, and please don't patronize me, nor marginalize my experiences. This is a legitimate concern because these things happen.

                      You be safe out there.
                      THAT's exactly what it is. Oh, and BTW, YOU do NOT dictate the manner in which any member of this forum, including me, responds to you. You'll receive honest answers, you have received honest answers. Can't handle them, go elsewhere. If you're "marginalized" that's your problem, and no doubt the result of your rather obvious paranoia. Once more, and these suggestions have already been made to you. Drive in such a manner as to minimize the chances of your being stopped. If you are stopped, simply apply a little common sense, which means drop the drama and the BS, and follow the Officer's instructions. If you choose to be a victim, you almost certainly will be, at least in your own mind.Grow the phuc up and get a life.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                        Officer JakFlak,
                        Believe it. This stuff came directly from a Police Captain of the LAPD. I'm in Houston now, but this policy is ingrained into me now. Luckily, I haven't been pulled over in quite some time - 6, 7 years, and the times that I was pulled over, it was in a populated area.

                        Office LaPlaca,
                        I understand, and that does sound plausible.

                        Officer SRT936,
                        I'm going to assume ALL of them. Point taken.

                        Might have ****ed some of you off, but that was not the intention. Appreciate the feedback.
                        Mr. Camaro, I have a question for you. If all of this drama, this being "marginalized" took place 6-7 years ago, why is it now an issue? Are you experiencing trauma or flashbacks? Oh, and let's recall, you used the term paranoia in your original post. You're now over 1000 miles from Los Angeles and 6-7 years removed in time from these traumatic events. You also never took the time to mention why you were stopped, and what part your attitude and bearing may have had in influencing the Officer's reactions to you. An additional point for your FYI file. If you were stopped in Altadena by a Sheriff's Deputy, it would been by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy. Apparently you managed to pizz off Officers from two different agencies. I'm beginning to understand how that may have happened. I'm not holding my breath on a reply from you, merely curious. Have the best day ever.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                          Officer JakFlak,
                          Believe it. This stuff came directly from a Police Captain of the LAPD. I'm in Houston now, but this policy is ingrained into me now.
                          Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                          Back in the early 90's, right after the Rodney King fiasco, I particpated in a series of meetings lead by the LAPD. Many of us were, and to a large degree, are still fearful of cops.

                          Seems to me youre trying desperately to set up an emotional distress beef with the LAPD. you expect us to believe that after a 'meeting' with LAPD brass in 1992-ish, the words of Cpt. Whoever still ring in your ears and this supposed 'policy' is ingrained in you so deeply that you distrust the po-leece? try again troll. back to the left coast with you.
                          Last edited by LaPlaca; 03-21-2011, 05:01 PM.
                          Originally posted by crass cop
                          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Camaro View Post
                            Officers HotSoup, Nikk, and MP1161, I see your points. Apologies if I offended.Officer Phillip, you may be right, but please don't call it bs/drama, and please don't patronize me, nor marginalize my experiences. This is a legitimate concern because these things happen.

                            You be safe out there.
                            No offense....was just trying to get you to see things from our point of view.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The first pic had a thing for young boys, the second pic is of a poster in the "Ask a Cop" section who started off his post with "Do I have a chance of being hired....", The third pic looks like the guy that works at the hardware store, and the last pic looks pretty much like every clown that I've seen where I work that has shot at a copper..
                              Would watch every one of them on a stop until I KNOW what I'm I'm dealing with.

                              Sounds like you're looking for a justification for not stopping when being pulled over by the Police. Ain't working out, is it?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                                Mr. Camaro, I have a question for you. If all of this drama, this being "marginalized" took place 6-7 years ago, why is it now an issue? Are you experiencing trauma or flashbacks? Oh, and let's recall, you used the term paranoia in your original post. You're now over 1000 miles from Los Angeles and 6-7 years removed in time from these traumatic events. You also never took the time to mention why you were stopped, and what part your attitude and bearing may have had in influencing the Officer's reactions to you. An additional point for your FYI file. If you were stopped in Altadena by a Sheriff's Deputy, it would been by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy. Apparently you managed to pizz off Officers from two different agencies. I'm beginning to understand how that may have happened. I'm not holding my breath on a reply from you, merely curious. Have the best day ever.
                                It's always been an issue, Officer Phillip, but I don't know any cops, and this is the first forum i've come across where you can ask questions that you've always wanted to.

                                Detective Chi, on the contrary. I, like you, just want to make it home in one piece. Surely you can appreciate that.
                                “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals, and charge after them in an unstoppable manner”

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4567 users online. 254 members and 4313 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X