300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children in the Car Seat of an Arrested Driver

If you have reason to arrest a motorist and you arrest them, but they have a baby or toddler in the child safety seat, what is your jurisdiction's policy in such a circumstance with regards to the child?

What is your personal policy?

Question inspired by this local news story: http://www.ksat.com/news/27155675/detail.html

Driver is arrested and they are given an opportunity to call the other parent or trusted individual to pick up the child.

If they can't do that, the child is taken into custody by SRS.

Given the story, I would say the mother is full of BS and there was another deputy there. I know in my department, someone would be fired for leaving a 2 year old unsupervised.

Comment

Looking for a check...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Oh my God! You reproduced?
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
          Question inspired by this local news story: http://www.ksat.com/news/27155675/detail.html
          What a piece of junk journalism! As far as we can tell from the story, 3 weeks later, the car and the kid are still sitting by the side of the road. That being said, the Sheriff's office doesn't seem to be doing a good job defending itself.

Comment

I know, the local news isn't very good at all. Makes me miss New York. Local news in New York is international news.

Local news in San Antonio.....is local news.

Comment

Yeah that lady is telling the truth and my farts smell like rainbow sherbet....

Comment

Turn the kids over to a responsible adult or Children's Services.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5133 users online. 316 members and 4817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X