300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Plates

This has been an extremely interesting forum for me: learning about the mentalities of LEOs and the reasons for their actions/ideas. Very interesting.

I was perusing the cigarette butt littering thread and OP mentioned that the vehicle was "shady" with "way-out-of-state" plates and 3 young men in it. That resonated with me because on my road trip to Alaska, I'd be driving a car with "way-out-of-state" plates with 4 young men in it, haha. Did I mention the window tint would be rather high, being a Texas car?

How do you Officers approach pulling over out-of-state vehicles? Are you going to scrutinize them more than a car with in-state plates, even if they are doing the EXACT same thing? Just curious.

Hope y'all have a great night/day! Stay safe!

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
    This has been an extremely interesting forum for me: learning about the mentalities of LEOs and the reasons for their actions/ideas. Very interesting.

I was perusing the cigarette butt littering thread and OP mentioned that the vehicle was "shady" with "way-out-of-state" plates and 3 young men in it. That resonated with me because on my road trip to Alaska, I'd be driving a car with "way-out-of-state" plates with 4 young men in it, haha. Did I mention the window tint would be rather high, being a Texas car?

How do you Officers approach pulling over out-of-state vehicles? Are you going to scrutinize them more than a car with in-state plates, even if they are doing the EXACT same thing? Just curious.

Hope y'all have a great night/day! Stay safe!
    Surely a person of your erudite demeanor, superior knowledge and education, already knows the answer to that question. Here it is ***hat, real plain, real simple, straight from the shoulder. You screw up out on the highway, there's a fair chance you'll get by with it. However, when you screw up (and superior intellects can't help but screw up) simply be prepared to accept the consequences. It must be difficult living in a world surrounded by people so inferior to you. What's really funny though, is the fact that so often, those of us you consider inferior, can really play hell with your day. Have a nice trip, and YOU stay safe, hear?

Comment

The forum is called "Ask a Cop," not "Ask a cop to give away their tactics on a traffic stop."

Jeez.

Comment

The simple answer to you question is it depends. If your trip to Alaska is for a normal legal purpose and if you draw the attention of law enforcement only for a simple traffic violation then you will probably be treated the same as a local driver. If in your contact with a police officer you do something to set off his/her spidey sense you will be subbject to closer scrutiny.
        When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminsDad View Post
          The forum is called "Ask a Cop," not "Ask a cop to give away their tactics on a traffic stop."

Jeez.
          Well, it would certainly be nice if you did, so that we could avoid being pulled over and thereby, wasting my time and the officers' time. Unless, of course, some officers have an ulterior motive for pulling vehicles over. We all know some do.

Not all, of course.
          Last edited by Ex-Soviet; 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminsDad View Post

Jeez.
            Quoted for truth......
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Well, it would certainly be nice if you did, so that we could avoid being pulled over and thereby, wasting my time and the officers' time. Unless, of course, some officers have an ulterior motive for pulling vehicles over. We all know some do.

Not all, of course.
              Originally posted by crass cop
              Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

I work on the state border and 20 miles from a second state, so I stop out of state plates all the time. All treated the same.

Comment

Well, it would certainly be nice if you did, so that we could avoid being pulled over and thereby, wasting my time and the officers' time.
                  1. Pulling over a vehicle isn't a waste of an officer's time. It's our job and we get paid to do it.
                  2. I will give away a secret to you to "avoid being pulled over." Obey all traffic laws. That way, no one will be wasting your precious time.

Comment

Not all, of course.
                    To make it simple every state you will be traveling through has published a book containing thier laws. Follow these and you will avoid being pulled over.......... however if you had any intention of following said laws you would have no need for the forementioned radar detector. So yeah stop wasting our time.

Comment

By the way, being an ex-soviet and all, you will probably be stopped because the CIA and the FBI are following you........watching your every move........(you can elude them with a tin foil hat).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6421 users online. 366 members and 6055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X