300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you cite the driver who......

Would you cite the driver who fails to use their blinkers over the ones who never realize their blinker's still on 30 blocks past where they turned?
    I'm old......that's all.

I would much rather cite the person who fails to use their blinker to signal their intentions to other traffic versus someone who simply forgot to turn it off. Although the one's who leave their blinker on get on my nerves, those who don't use them are worse.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
      I would much rather cite the person who fails to use their blinker to signal their intentions to other traffic versus someone who simply forgot to turn it off. Although the one's who leave their blinker on get on my nerves, those who don't use them are worse.
      Exactly the answer I was hoping for! It's such a habit with me to use my blinkers that I've had numerous passengers ask me "why you blinkin'? There's nobody around!" My answer? "Because as soon as I don't,nobody will come from nowhere and pull me over for not blinkin'!"

My absolute biggest pet peeve is blinkers that don't turn off! Or emergency flashers that get left on!

Thanks for your answer.
      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

I wouldn't cite most likely but I always pull those cars over. They could have just forgotten to turn it off if their car didn't do it for them, or it could be a clue for other criminal related things. Without giving specifics I'll leave it at that.
        West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
        Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
        Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

What he said.
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Use of blinkers here in VA is almost nonexistent - and is never enforced.

Failing to signal a turn or lane change is one of the most dangerous things one can do while driving, but you almost never hear of people being cited for it. Try driving on 95, 495 or 66 (multi-lane highways) and see how many near-misses occur because someone made a lane change without signaling first. Yikes!

If someone leaves it on, look for a white or gold Buick with a FL license plate and more than one "AAA" emblem on the trunk.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

This is kind of funny because just the other day I was on the interstate in my Ford Ranger........................... I RARELY drive it, and even more rarely drive it across the state.

Anyhow-------------------I normally use the momentary feature when lane changing------releasing the lever and thus canceling the turn signal. I did a lane change and continued on down the road. (bright sunlight). I went to do another change and found the turn signal on. I had obviously pushed the signal lever harder than I thought and went past the momentary point. The Ranger has a very "soft" click for the signals & I had not heard it clicking nor in the bright sun had I seen the little light blinking.

I felt like a dooosh!

Both of my cars have loud clickers on the signals...........and real bright indicator lights.

Around here-----failure to signal is a violation. Rarely used except for PC stops and/or collision reports. Continuing to signal is also a violation, however I don't think I have ever heard of it being cited.............................once again except for a PC stop.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When I lived in Denver I saw accident after accident due to blinkers left on and people pulling out thinking the person was going to turn! I drove RTD bus there and realized very quickly that my blinkers on my big bus were either out of fluid or invisible to the cars because they were ignored most of the time! I had a guy in a new car rear-end me in my bus as I blinked to pull over at one of my pick-up areas! He said to me "I didn't see you! You didn't blink,either!" I told him I did blink (blinker was still going) but more importantly,what did he think was blocking his view directly in front of him if it wasn't my BUS! If he hadn't seen me right in front of him,how'd he know I didn't blink?

Not using blinkers in the big cities can be a death sentence but I know that very seldom is anyone cited for it.
                I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Is there some reason why we can't cite them both?
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                    Is there some reason why we can't cite them both?
                    UMMM.....no,no I don't see one! Go for it! I'd like to see the same person get cited for both at the same time! Left blinker was on for 10 minutes before he turned RIGHT! LOL!
                    I'm old......that's all.

Comment

wyofirebirdbaby,
                      You changed cars!

I would cite the non user 99% more than the guy using blinker fluid by the gallons.

Relying on someone to turn just because they are using their turn signal and failing to yield to them is just stupid. I've seen more than one slow down and then change their mind probably because it was the wrong street.
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I always cite drivers for things that are either a blatent disregard for the law, unsafe, or neglectful.

Things like excessive speeding, expired plates, no insurance, blocking trafficm etc. are almost always an automatic ticket.

Things like Driving while Suspended or worse are almost always an automatic arrest.

Things like forgetting to turn off a turn signal, a brake light or tail light out or a headlight out are generally a warning provided everything else is in order.

My personal rule is that things like lights out are easy to overlook. I've driven with them like that myself because i didn't notice them (how often do you see the brake lights on your own car?) Things that are easily remedied like insurance i don't have much tolerance for.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                          wyofirebirdbaby,
                          You changed cars!

I would cite the non user 99% more than the guy using blinker fluid by the gallons.

Relying on someone to turn just because they are using their turn signal and failing to yield to them is just stupid. I've seen more than one slow down and then change their mind probably because it was the wrong street.
                          I did change vehichles,OneAdam12! Thanks for noticing. Spring coming on and all,I'm getting anxious to ride!

I've done the blink to go right and change my mind at the last minute and go left thing,using the blinker of course. Always felt embarrassed about it because of what the driver behind me must be calling me! LOL!
                          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinCW View Post
                            I always cite drivers for things that are either a blatent disregard for the law, unsafe, or neglectful.

Things like excessive speeding, expired plates, no insurance, blocking trafficm etc. are almost always an automatic ticket.

Things like Driving while Suspended or worse are almost always an automatic arrest.

Things like forgetting to turn off a turn signal, a brake light or tail light out or a headlight out are generally a warning provided everything else is in order.

My personal rule is that things like lights out are easy to overlook. I've driven with them like that myself because i didn't notice them (how often do you see the brake lights on your own car?) Things that are easily remedied like insurance i don't have much tolerance for.

Kevin
                            Little tolerance for non-insured drivers myself although I was in that position years ago,spent 5 days in jail for the unpaid fines and have never had it happen again! I do believe that since insurance is mandatory it needs to be more affordable for all so that people with low incomes can afford to carry it! A lot of our old folks here carry no insurance due to lack of funds and they drive around here a lot,most of them barely tall enough to see through the space in the steering wheel! Those are the ones that terrify me here in town!
                            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6529 users online. 363 members and 6166 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X