300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Detectors Legal in MD?

I always thought they were illegal in MD but my friend works for a car dealership and drives all over the region and says everytime he crosses a stateline... its says welcome to VA or DE... Radar Detectors are illegal here and it never says that when you cross into MD.

Any insight here?

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

dunno, but if I stop you and you have one, youre getting a ticket for the violation I stopped you for.
    This tells me that you speed so much that you actually need to purchase an instrument to try to avoid being caught speeding.
    and they dont work, btw.........instant on defeats it.

to make sure, try posting this in the states section, MD
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Legal in Maryland, except in commercial vehicles. However, most officers share crass cop's sentiments regarding when those using detectors are caught.

As far as I know, only DC and VA completely ban them.

Comment

radar detectors are banned in all vehicles in the state of Virginia and the District of Columbia, Washington D.C. Radar Detectors are also banned in big trucks in the states of New York and Illinois. Plus, under federal law, the use of radar or laser speed detectors is illegal in all commercial vehicles over 10,000 pounds. However, radar detectors are allowed in all noncommercial vehicles in all other states.

http://www.insurance.com/auto-insura...e-country.aspx

Comment

Radar detectors are not illegal in Alabama. However,what they demonstrate to me is a conscious effort and preparation to violate the law. So, when I stopped you with the intention of writing only a warning, the presence of your detector now means you'll recieve a citation for whatever I stopped you for.

Comment

Gottcha... I'm not putting one on my SUV but I was trying to prove my friend wrong cause I always thought they were illegal.

Now I'm wrong lol.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              Radar detectors are not illegal in Alabama. However,what they demonstrate to me is a conscious effort and preparation to violate the law. So, when I stopped you with the intention of writing only a warning, the presence of your detector now means you'll recieve a citation for whatever I stopped you for.
              oh cmon, i am sure there are plenty of people out there who use radar detectors only for being notified of road hazards ahead or oncoming trains or emergency vehicles.....

Comment

Originally posted by vfm208 View Post
                oh cmon, i am sure there are plenty of people out there who use radar detectors only for being notified of road hazards ahead or oncoming trains or emergency vehicles.....
                Yeah, you believe that, and I've got a couple of bridges I'll cut you a great deal on.

Comment

Hey VFM, I have some great beach property in Arizona, wanna buy?

I don't really care if they are legal or illegal, If I see one, Im ticketing your for every infraction I can find. Plus, they are a waste of money. By the time you see me, I have already seen you.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

They are illegal in VA (equipment violation) and DC (I believe) - and that goes for any vehicle. Elsewhere across the USA, radar detectors are illegal in commercial vehicles; i.e., trucks and buses.

Don't waste your money, though. A radar detector is going to give you a false sense of security. It might "save your bacon" once or twice, but instant-on radar will set off your device to let you know you're about to get a ticket. There are also other devices out there that measure speed without transmitting a signal (VASCAR, E.S.P., aerial method - helicopter or plane, pacing you from behind, etc.).

You either need to slow it down or at least invest in a decent CB radio if you do a lot of interstate driving. Turn it on Channel 19 and those potty-mouth truckers will let you know where "bears" might be hiding - provided you can stand to put up with the other vulgarities of the road.

:0

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
                      I always thought they were illegal in MD but my friend works for a car dealership and drives all over the region and says everytime he crosses a stateline... its says welcome to VA or DE... Radar Detectors are illegal here and it never says that when you cross into MD.

Any insight here?
                      Go ahead and get one Great investment! That way when you get a speeding ticket you can post how unfair the Officer was when you got caught

Last one of these is up to 7 pages Don't forget to berate the Officer, his heritage, physical condition and intelligence

"a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3143 users online. 150 members and 2993 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X