300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight colors in Ohio

Can anyone tell me what the law is in Ohio on color tinted headlights? I was wondering if it would be legal in Ohio to have a green tint to my headlights.

Check the transportation or vehicle code for Ohio. Most states pretty closely follow federal guidelines on lights on vehicles. I know in Texas you could be cited for it.

Comment

Willing to beat Ohio follows federal code. Federal code doesn't allow for colored lights. Try that in my state and I will give you a cit.

Common Sense. Green is the color of a traffic light.
      Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
        Willing to beat Ohio follows federal code. Federal code doesn't allow for colored lights. Try that in my state and I will give you a cit.

Common Sense. Green is the color of a traffic light.
        BUt it makes me looks so COOL!
        Originally posted by crass cop
        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Why would you want green headlights?

Comment

Vehicle shall be equipped with one or more lights which shall exhibit a white or amber light on the roadway side visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the front of such vehicle, and a red light visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear.

NO
            "In valor there is hope"

Comment

Near Woodbridge, I have seen a vintage Citroen (French car) sedan from the early 1970s...........with yellow headlights that appear to be original equipment. I guess that is different than some chap trying to look "cool" with colored headlamp lenses. Since it was daytime, though, I did not get to see the lights in action.

I was in Europe many years ago and remember seeing quite a few vehicles set up like that. They do get a lot of fog, however.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

what get me is the people that spray tint or cover up the brake lights. Don't you want people to fully see that your coming to a stop?
                One ticket for taillights, one for brake lights, one for turn signals, one for reflectors. If i could get by with it I write it times two- left and right sides.

Safety!

In this case it's safety as well. Safety for you and the others on the road.
                Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3225 users online. 236 members and 2989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X