300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket under 28-701.a

On my way home from working out early in the morning. I was driving on a back road out by this rodeo arena and the sun was pretty bright I looked to my left and the road looked clear there was someone behind me so I turned on my blinker and took the left I was going 15 MPH when the sun hit my eyes and I began to slow down further when I noticed a yellow gate in front of me I swerved to the left to avoid hitting it as it was only on one side of the road and it was directly in front of my windshield when it came into clear view. The gate was triangular and came to a point on the left side of it. the point of the gate hit my mirror and scratched the top of my car. I did not damage anything with the exception that the glass part of my mirror fell out of its holding place. There were 4 other people standing off to the side of the road and I didn't know what I should do. I didn't want to just leave. The police were called and they came out and took my statement and talked to the other 4 witnesses. The 4 people there all supported my statement I was held up for an hour and then the police officer wrote me a ticket for failure to control speed to avoid a collision. It doesn't make sense to me because I was already going 20 miles under the speed limit and was slowing further when I clipped the gate. As heavy as that gate was if I had not been slowing i probably would have lost my whole mirror and damaged a lot more of my vehicle and now i'm looking at a $175 ticket. I've never even had a ticket before and I don't know what I should do!

You crashed into a stationary object. You failed to control your vehicle to avoid it. Pretty simple. Despite going under the speed limit, if you couldn't see it you were probably going to fast.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00701.htm

It happens all the time. You're not the first, you won't be the last. Go to traffic school and you won't get the points on your license.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

why was the gate in the public roadway?
        Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

The real question is why did you come here to tell your story and then ask us what to do? "The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind!" You are the errant driver - yes, you were driving too fast with the sun blinding your vision.

As one poster advised, check with the court and ascertain if you can attend traffic school; or, admit your error and pay the ticket!
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

There is a provision in virtually every state's Motor Vehicle Laws. It's entitled, "Speed too fast for conditions". Essentially, you could be traveling at, or below the posted speed limit, but not allowing for conditions as they existed at the time. In your post, you described the prevailing conditions at the time of the accident. Your post also describes exactly why you were cited.End of the world? Hardly. As my colleague suggested, appear in court and see if you could attend traffic school. Might be some fine/points advantages if you can.

Comment

IDK the whole story. But it seams as if a farmer left a gate unsecured and it entered the roadway. I'd place much of the blame on the farmer.
              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3117 users online. 188 members and 2929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X