300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado registration grace period

Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me if thre is a grace period in Colorado for expired tags. I say no but a friend of mine says there is.
    DR Libasci

http://www.elbertcounty-co.gov/documents/late%20fee.pdf

STATE OF COLORADO, DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE

State Capitol Annex
    1375 Sherman Street, Room 409
    Denver, Colorado 80261
    (303)866-3091
    FAX (303) 866-2400

For Immediate Release Contact: Mark Couch
    April 17, 2009 303-866-2819

Vehicle Registration Late Fee

Colorado motor vehicle owners face a new late fee of up to $100 for failing to register their vehicles on time. A law passed this year requires owners of motor vehicles registered on or after June 1, 2009 to make a timely payment or face late fees of $25 per month up to a total $100 per vehicle. The owner will continue to receive a one month grace period. Then, the $25-per-month late fee applies to any portion of the subsequent months for up to four months.

Example: Vehicle registration expired in April. Grace period expired in May. If you register the vehicle in: June Late Fee: $25.00; July Late Fee: $50.00; Aug. Late Fee: $75.00; Sept. Late Fee: $100.00; Oct. Late Fee: $100.00

Vehicles that have been issued temporary registrations (permits) are subject to the late fee.

Example: Temporary Permit expiration date is June 3, 2009. If you register the vehicle between: June 4-30 Late Fee: $25.00; July 1-31 Late Fee: $50.00; Aug. 1 - 31 Late Fee: $75.00; Sept. 1 - 30 Late Fee: $100.00; Oct. 1 -31 Late Fee: $100.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Page 2
    Vehicle owners who move to Colorado from out of state and do not register their vehicles within 90 days of residency will be charged late fees up to $100.

Vehicles purchased by Colorado residents will be assessed late fees 61 days after the purchase date, if the vehicle is not registered. Vehicles that are used to operate a commercial business as part of the normal operation of the business are exempt late fees if the vehicle has not been operated on any public highway in Colorado for one full registration period, The owner of a vehicle who is active in the military serving outside Colorado when the registration grace period expires, if the vehicle has not been operated on any public highway in Colorado between the time the registration period expired, including the grace period and the time the vehicle is registered will be exempt late fees.
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Grace period is only valid in Colorado

Make sure that you are not traveling to another state after your Colorado registration has expired. Other states (such as ours) most likely will not honor / recognize a grace period.
      ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

30 days, and yes I start writing tickets on the 31st day.
        I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post
          30 days, and yes I start writing tickets on the 31st day.
          Same here. There are those pesky months with 31 days that people don't understand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5705 users online. 327 members and 5378 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X