Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding In Bed of Truck

Hello,

I have was talking about this with another person but neither of us were to sure on the law about it. I was wondering what the law regarding having people ride in the bed of the truck is? I'm 17(almost 18 this November) from Illinois in McHenry County. This would not be a regular thing but maybe for going from school to football field for games which is about 1 block and my house to the outdoor theater which I live in a neighborhood right across from it. Assuming my passengers are behaving and sitting down and not on the railing or cause any kind of trouble is it ok? I have found from IIHS that there are no state laws regarding this. I want to make sure I don't break any laws before I would do this.

Thanks,
    -russ03

I don't know about Illinois, but most other states have seat belt laws. If there is one in Illinois, then it would be prohibited under it. That is unless there are seats securely bolted to the bed of the truck, which are equipped with seat belts.

If you wanna do this, why don't you just move to Mexico?
    God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

There are some states taht do allow it as long as the passengers are over 17 and have thier backs facing the cab...Colorado anyways.

Comment

Here is a breakdown by state concerning your question:

http://www.hldi.org/laws/cargoAreas.aspx
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Nothing against IL law. The only exception would be concerning seat belt use if carrying children.
          183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3894 users online. 214 members and 3680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X