300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed trap on private property

I was driving to work this morning and as I came around a bend in the road, There was a marked car sitting in a private driveway with his radar gun clocking passing cars. Is this legal? And NO I did not get a speeding ticket.

This was in NY, if that matters. Thanks in advance!!
    You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

As long as the owner of the property does not object, perfectly legal.
    As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Unless he told you to go 50 in a 35, its not a trap.

Comment

Yes it's "legal" as long as the Officer had his hat on!
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

100% legal

Comment

the "trap" is oon the public road. where he sits to check the speed of the motoring public is irrelevant
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Oh yea, we can sit in driveways, hide behind bushes, under rocks.....wherever......

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog24 View Post
                I was driving to work this morning and as I came around a bend in the road, There was a marked car sitting in a private driveway with his radar gun clocking passing cars. Is this legal? And NO I did not get a speeding ticket.

This was in NY, if that matters. Thanks in advance!!
                ok let me clarify for you Not "speed trap" it is speed enforcement. Secondly it is on a public road not private property. Speed Enforcement was being enforced on the road where you were driving, not where the officer was parked. A one word answer to your question is it legal "Yes!"

Comment

No such thing as a speed trap.
                  Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                  Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Yes it's legal and no it is not a speed trap.
                    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Perfectly legal.

Comment

You should have made a citizens arrest
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Comment

Gheez, I had visions of some mall cop hiding in the parking structure working radar.
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

As everyone has already stated......... how could you tell it was a speed trap. The fact that he was parked where people frequently speed does not make it a speed trap. If I am going fishing I am going to the spot where the fish are.....not an empty lake. The cars are driving on public roads......if they are speeding they risk a ticket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3681 users online. 241 members and 3440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X