300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket Question

Hello all, my friend just received two parking tickets in the city. Apparently the ticket writer wrote down the wrong color of the car on one of the tickets, and the wrong license plate number on the other ticket. He then called me to ask if because of the ticket NOT being exact to the T with his car, is the ticket then null and void. I would assume yes, but I didn't want to give him the wrong answer and then have a bench warrant be out for his arrest! Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Both are technical errors. Your friend can plead not guilty and ask for a hearing. When he points out the errors, the judge will ask the citing officers if they having anything to say. They will ask the court's permission to amend the citations to enter the correct information. The court will grant their request.

Now that the procedural issues are out of the way, the court will ask you friend if he was parked in the locations and under the circumstances described in the citations. Unless he has proof his car was someplace else at the time, he's going to look rather foolish.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

On the one with the wrong license plate - no wories, won't affect your car

On the other one, "Color" is sometimes subjective. I say grey, you say silver; I say blue, you say aqua... Now if it's bright yellow and I wrote black, then I'd have to wonder...
      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

The only way he would get a warrant is if he didn't respond to them at all. Tickets don't just 'go away' even if they're wrong. The judge has to make them go away.

Comment

Ask to ammend the ticket? In DC, if anything is wrong, 99.99% of the time it is dismissed. WOW
          Rock on Bitche$

Did I offend anyone??......Too bad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5268 users online. 298 members and 4970 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X