300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross country road trip...

I got out of the Marines on Friday and now I get to move back to the east coast. I will be driving back in my pickup truck and pulling a U-Haul trailer. My question is: Will I be required to stop at the DOT weigh-in stations on the interstate? Or does this only apply to commercial vehicles? Thanks.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

From Uhaul.com

On my move, do I need to stop at the weigh stations along the way?
    Requirements may vary from state to state and throughout Canada. Each weigh station has a sign that says what you are required to do; just obey the signs. Normally U-Haul customers moving their own household goods are not required to stop, because this is not a commercial move. However, if a truck is over a certain weight it may be required to stop regardless of what is being carried.
    Tell us what states you will be travelling through. I know from personal experience you won't be required to stop in MO, IA, NE, KS, OK, or TX
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

No you can jut keep on going. Have a safe trip and enjoy it.

Comment

I'll be travelling through CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK, MO, IL, IN, OH, PA, and NY.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

You are good to go, Marine. No worries, have a safe trip.
          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            I got out of the Marines on Friday and now I get to move back to the east coast. I will be driving back in my pickup truck and pulling a U-Haul trailer. My question is: Will I be required to stop at the DOT weigh-in stations on the interstate? Or does this only apply to commercial vehicles? Thanks.
            Commercial vehicles and those vehicles carrying commercial commerce.

Welcome home....good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4934 users online. 274 members and 4660 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X