300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX Headlight questions.

I've searched here and numerous other places to try and find an answer and have yet to come across an answer.

I own a Subaru WRX and the stock headlights look like this:

It is a very popular thing in the subaru community to remove the orange plate covering the signal light which will end up looking like this:

My question is whether it is legal or not to have no reflectors inside your headlights. Or if it is ok to remove the one over the signal as long as I leave the side reflector in.

If you need more information on the exact mod and more pictures on how it is done and what all is taken out the thread is located here

I am hoping you won't just reply with your opinion on how modifying a car is stupid blah blah. I would just like to respectfully know if these cleared headlights are legal in TX, because in my opinion they look much better without the orange cluttering them.

§ 547.353. COLOR REQUIREMENTS. (a) A clearance lamp,
    identification lamp, side marker lamp, or reflector mounted on the
    front, on the side near the front, or in the center of the vehicle
    must be or reflect amber.
    (b) A clearance lamp, identification lamp, side marker
    lamp, or reflector mounted on the rear or the side near the rear of
    the vehicle must be or reflect red.

Got that off the Texas transportation code chapter 547.
    He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Thank you for citing that but it did not answer my question in full. My headlamp contains 2 reflectors one covering the amber signal light, and one near the side. If I were to only remove the one covering the signal light; I would still have one on the front of the vehicle? Correct? So would it be legal as long as I left the reflector towards the side in?

Here is a diagram:

Comment

Originally posted by xgeenyusx View Post
        Thank you for citing that but it did not answer my question in full. My headlamp contains 2 reflectors one covering the amber signal light, and one near the side. If I were to only remove the one covering the signal light; I would still have one on the front of the vehicle? Correct? So would it be legal as long as I left the reflector towards the side in?

Here is a diagram:
        I live in FL, but my thinking if you remove the one you want to, I don' think anybody will really know the difference. You will still have one amber reflector.

Comment

...didnt see he removed orange. thought it was aftermarket light..nvm
          Last edited by pmartinez1586; 09-17-2008, 08:42 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5871 users online. 304 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X