300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle lighting in Califonia question

If you have a vehicle that was built with the little lights behind the rear wheel and in front of the bumper on the sides do you have to have them??

In other words if the lenses get broken can I just take them out?? I can't see anything that adreeses this in the VC and was wondering...Thanks

Originally posted by Gundo View Post
    If you have a vehicle that was built with the little lights behind the rear wheel and in front of the bumper on the sides do you have to have them??

In other words if the lenses get broken can I just take them out?? I can't see anything that adreeses this in the VC and was wondering...Thanks
    Your question is rather vague. I am not certain what type of lights you are talking about and what type of vehicle.

If it is a passenger car and the lights are side marker lights, no, you do not have to maintain them.

You are only required to maintain the mandatory lighting equipment such as headlamps, tail lamps, license plate lamps, brake lamps and turn signal lamps.

If your vehicle is a tractor ( 2 or 3 axle) you are required to have side marker lamps.

Mandatory lighting equipment can be found in Sections 24000 through 26106.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

To help clarify...

Maybe the OP is referring to something like the orange (its a reflector/light combo) on the front wheel well? There is the same type of light/reflector on the rear wheel well too, except I think its red.

(In case the image isn't showing: http://www.dragtimes.com/images/1170...ini-Cooper.jpg)

Are the reflectors required or can they be removed or otherwise "blacked out?"

Comment

Sorry had just gotten home from graveyard and a buddy hit me up...It is a 94 Toyota Land Cruiser...It is the marker lights on the rear quaterpanel behind the rear wheel...I was thinking no issue not having them...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gundo View Post
          Sorry had just gotten home from graveyard and a buddy hit me up...It is a 94 Toyota Land Cruiser...It is the marker lights on the rear quaterpanel behind the rear wheel...I was thinking no issue not having them...Thanks
          Sounds like those are the side marker lights required since 1968, and on the Land Cruiser, those are installed since the taillights are flush on the rear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5506 users online. 307 members and 5199 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X