300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left turn question

I'm in Washington state, and this question came up in a local paper. With different answers, so I thought I'd ask it here.

If you are turning left on a green light, not a green arrow, and you are waiting for the oncoming traffic, legally do you pull out into the intersection so that if the traffic doesn't clear before the light changes, you make your turn after it turns red? Or do you wait to enter the intersection until the traffic is clear and you can turn?

Thanks.

Your question is not isolated to WA alone. It applies most, if not all, states. When facing a green signal with the intent to lawfully turn left, you pull into the intersection with your left turn signal displayed and prepare to execute your left turn when it is safe to do so. If the signal changes to RED before you are able to make the turn, you are obliged to perform the movement and clear the intersection with immunity from the Red light.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thank you SgtCHP!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5602 users online. 303 members and 5299 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X