300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer tailgating

I've noticed some officers get right up on someone's bumper before they turn their lights on. Why are they doing this?

With gas prices so high these days, we have to draft to make the boss happy.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
      With gas prices so high these days, we have to draft to make the boss happy.

Best response in a long time.

How do you know we are that close?
      We need to be close enough to show in court after you flee, that we were really after you NOT the other guy.

P.S.- Phew this vodka,pomegranit, OJ drink is tstrong
      I got nothing for now

Comment

Because people do silly things like stuff dope or reach for guns when you light them up. Being close makes it easier to see these things.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

There is no good answer to this. It is just a big accident waiting to happen.

With people getting so freaked out when they see lights light up behind them and slamming on the breaks, I wouldnt want to be anywhere near that rear bumper.

Then again, I am a city cop and we dont ride bumpers to pull people over around here. We still do it the old fashioned way.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Grumpy's Knowledge and Wisdom

The answer is:

As we get older, we cannot read the license plate from afar, therefore......
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

I work nights in a small town, I find myself tailgating often. lol I use the other car for bait in case a deer jumps out.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                There is no good answer to this. It is just a big accident waiting to happen.

With people getting so freaked out when they see lights light up behind them and slamming on the breaks, I wouldnt want to be anywhere near that rear bumper.
                +500.2354 I agree. I have seen officers do this as well and it is an accident waiting to happen.

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                Then again, I am a city cop and we dont ride bumpers to pull people over around here. We still do it the old fashioned way.
                Pull up next to them, shoot the tires out then jump on the hood and point the gun through the window? Yea baby!

Comment

Originally posted by lockNload24 View Post
                  I've noticed some officers get right up on someone's bumper before they turn their lights on. Why are they doing this?
                  So we can read the tags that usually are hard to see due to decorative borders people tend to put on their license plates as well as auto dealers.
                  "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post

P.S.- Phew this vodka,pomegranit, OJ drink is tstrong

Ok, I just lost respect for you.

Comment

I may zoom in for a moment if I need to get a better look at the plate, but for the most part I put some distance between me and the other guy. Some folks like to panic stop right there in the #1 lane, and I want the room to avoid them! Also, if someone bails out shooting, distance is your best friend.

Don't you worry about it, a few at-fault collisions and a suspension or two and they'll figure it out....
                      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

so just curious...

cop tailgates speeder, speeder doesn't notice. cop lights up like christmas tree, speeder slams on brakes.

cop rear ends speeder.

isn't the cop at fault here?
                        Originally posted by DEPO
                        I'm just wondering hypothetically how much heroin could someone fit in a normal pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by mose1616 View Post
                          so just curious...

cop tailgates speeder, speeder doesn't notice. cop lights up like christmas tree, speeder slams on brakes.

cop rear ends speeder.

isn't the cop at fault here?
                          Pretty much, yes. Some folks just don't know how to drive - cop or not.
                          LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Actually we do it just to **** people off.

It's payback for passing us then slowing down to pace the slowest car in the world to prevent us from passing.

Look people! Quit getting in front of us if you're going to do ten under. Get behind us, pace us from a distance. You'll get to speed a little and we'll pay you no mind. Geesh.
                            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

The main reason I get up on a car before I hit my lights is so I can get the tag and run it quick just in case the vehicle does not stop. Another reason, especially on the highway, is because we dont want the driver to see us way back with our lights on while we are trying to catch up to the vehicle because they could speed up and we would never catch up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6072 users online. 326 members and 5746 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X