300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone, I guess it is my turn to throw out my background and see what you guys think about my chances for being hired.

I know first off to be honest about everything, which I plan to do. I have two driving while suspended charges back in 1999. One (expunged by the judge) loitering where drugs were found. I was on break from school (in 99), I was pulled over, and I consented to a search of my vehicle. My passenger had marijuana on him and I was charged with loitering. The school is known for drug usage that is why I was pulled-over. At 15, I was charged with injuring a dog that was ruled accidentally. Lastly, I did smoke marijuana once.

Since my days of young, dumb and full of __________ I have obtained an honorably discharge from the Marine Corps (Infantry 0311 hooraaggh!), with no problems as far as court marshals etc. I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice (GPA 3.9), and an impeccable work record within the last 10 years. My driving record is spic-and-span along with a great credit rating. On top of that, I am in great shape I can run 3 miles in 21 minutes, do 25 pull-ups, and 85 push-ups in a minute. In addition, I have been weight training 16-years (5’10 220lbs).

Most of my teachers in college are former police officers and all of them say that I would be a great police applicant (They tell me this without me asking). However, they do not know my record, which I am very ashamed of. I wish I could go back in time and smack myself around to straighten me out.

Well what do you guys/gals think? Please give me some feedback.
    Last edited by _GLOCK_; 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM.

You have some bad marks on your past, but nothing that will DQ you by any stretch of the imagination. Be honest, you should be fine.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks I needed to hear it from a police officer. I feel like a kid on christmas morning, thats how bad I want to be a police officer.

Comment

Originally posted by _GLOCK_ View Post
        Hello everyone, I guess it is my turn to throw out my background and see what you guys think about my chances for being hired.

I know first off to be honest about everything, which I plan to do. I have two driving while suspended charges back in 1999. One (expunged by the judge) loitering where drugs were found. I was on break from school (in 99), I was pulled over, and I consented to a search of my vehicle. My passenger had marijuana on him and I was charged with loitering. The school is known for drug usage that is why I was pulled-over. At 15, I was charged with injuring a dog that was ruled accidentally. Lastly, I did smoke marijuana once.

Since my days of young, dumb and full of __________ I have obtained an honorably discharge from the Marine Corps (Infantry 0311 hooraaggh!), with no problems as far as court marshals etc. I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice (GPA 3.9), and an impeccable work record within the last 10 years. My driving record is spic-and-span along with a great credit rating. On top of that, I am in great shape I can run 3 miles in 21 minutes, do 25 pull-ups, and 85 push-ups in a minute. In addition, I have been weight training 16-years (5’10 220lbs).

Most of my teachers in college are former police officers and all of them say that I would be a great police applicant (They tell me this without me asking). However, they do not know my record, which I am very ashamed of. I wish I could go back in time and smack myself around to straighten me out.

Well what do you guys/gals think? Please give me some feedback.
        Should not have any problems with the above issues. However, as a police officer I take offense to the comment about being pulled over because your school is known for drug use. What kind of school is this??? There was obviously a moving violation of some type or there is more to the story of why you were stopped...From an ethical standpoint, we as officers do things for a reason and not just because you come from a school that is known for drug use. That is something you will learn in the academy when you get there someday. Best of luck in your quest..

Comment

Originally posted by george4 View Post
          Should not have any problems with the above issues. However, as a police officer I take offense to the comment about being pulled over because your school is known for drug use. What kind of school is this??? There was obviously a moving violation of some type or there is more to the story of why you were stopped...From an ethical standpoint, we as officers do things for a reason and not just because you come from a school that is known for drug use. That is something you will learn in the academy when you get there someday. Best of luck in your quest..
          Sorry to offend you, I was not informed of a moving violation commited although I was probably doing something dumb.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4275 users online. 226 members and 4049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X