Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection board interview (HELP)

Hello LEO's,

I know that the oral board advice topic has been discussed NUMEROUS times on this board, however, I was just wondering if any LEO's had any advice for a self-sponsorship police academy selection board interview? This is an interview for a Wisconsin police academy. Anyway's, should I treat this like a normal police officer oral interview, or should I take a different approach? Also, what kind of questions can I expect? The program director did tell me that the questions are very straight-forward, and designed to gauge your temperament. So, would these entail scenario questions, or just basic questions about yourself? Any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks much!

Actually, this is EXACTLY how he phrased what the interview was going to consist of: The questions are all straightforward and are designed to gauge your overall temperament and preparedness to pursue a demanding career in law enforcement.

Thanks..

Comment

Seems like I took the entrance interview for the academy long ago, but it was only in 2005. Let's see if I can recall what was asked...

I remember one question in particular... "What is the one thing in police work you would like the least?" I said that I wouldn't want to be a meter-maid. Yep. That's what I said. I still got into the academy though.

I also remember the set up, there was a conservation warden, a deputy sheriff, and a city officer. One played the good cop, one played the mean cop, and one played the "sit silently and don't do squat except write" guy.

There were a couple of scenario questions as well. One of them was along the lines of "You're at a party and several of your academy classmates are there. Two of them step outside. As you're leaving, you look over and see them rolling a joint. What would you do?"

Unfortunately, that's all I can really remember. I'm tired as crap right now... and that's probably why.
      sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4660 users online. 314 members and 4346 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X