300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiring process & drugs

back in high school i had a friend who used to sell marijuana not significan enough but then sold a dime or two of crystal.

i wasn't in any need of money, but i went halves with him and bought 100 of crystal i never sold any of the amount, but rather gave it back to him or a ex-coworker

i understand drugs is a big deal in hiring, but i've never done drugs, but i'm afraid that my bad decision may be rule for disqualification?

Probably gonna do it for you. Your behavior shows really bad judgment.

BTW, your post reeks of BS. You bought drugs from a friend, then gave them back to him? For no personal reason or benefit? Or was it for his co-worker? Your co-worker?

Get this thing better organized in your head, so you can explain it better. Be very upfront about EXACTLY what happened and you may have a shot. I'd read the DQ list for each department very carefully before bothering to apply, though, so you don't waste your time.
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
      Probably gonna do it for you. Your behavior shows really bad judgment.

BTW, your post reeks of BS. You bought drugs from a friend, then gave them back to him? For no personal reason or benefit? Or was it for his co-worker? Your co-worker?

Get this thing better organized in your head, so you can explain it better. Be very upfront about EXACTLY what happened and you may have a shot. I'd read the DQ list for each department very carefully before bothering to apply, though, so you don't waste your time.

yeah at no gain or benefit, the reason was i couldn't do it, its was a loss of 50, no big deal, i didnt have a clue from where the stuff came from or anything just the fact that it was in my presence, and yeap terrible mistake

good advice, i'll look into their DQ list...

Comment

Uh... you bought 100, but lost only 50? Where did that other 50 go? Something here reeks... badly...

I don't know how meth is handled in California, but in Wisconsin, it's a felony for simply possessing it. I hate to say it, you might have blown any chance of a career in LE with that event...

Either way, get this straightened out in your head. You need to remember who you gave it to, how much you had and gave back, what happened with the other half, when it occurred, etc. Look into the DQ list, as was mentioned, and/or contact a recruiter or similar officer for any departments you wish to apply for.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
          Uh... you bought 100, but lost only 50? Where did that other 50 go? Something here reeks... badly...

I don't know how meth is handled in California, but in Wisconsin, it's a felony for simply possessing it. I hate to say it, you might have blown any chance of a career in LE with that event...

Either way, get this straightened out in your head. You need to remember who you gave it to, how much you had and gave back, what happened with the other half, when it occurred, etc. Look into the DQ list, as was mentioned, and/or contact a recruiter or similar officer for any departments you wish to apply for.
          you misread what i posted....and assuming so, what are other possible job related fields out there besides law enforcement in the criminal justice field?

heres the story again, a friend of mine used to sell marijuana, he bought $100 from what he told me of meth, which i was to go half on, then once i recieved what he said was my part, i returned it withing a week and a half to him and the remaining was givin away to a excoworker during that 1.5 week because i knew it was wrong, and wasn't in need of fast cash. now keep in mind i've never done anything like this before nor done drugs., i bought the scale which was $25 of which was in the 50 that was to be me cost, so in total it came out to be 25 dollars
          Last edited by frankyrod; 08-06-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankyrod View Post
            you misread what i posted....and assuming so, what are other possible job related fields out there besides law enforcement in the criminal justice field?

heres the story again, a friend of mine used to sell marijuana, he bought $100 from what he told me of meth, which i was to go half on, then once i recieved what he said was my part, i returned it withing a week and a half to him and the remaining was givin away to a excoworker during that 1.5 week because i knew it was wrong, and wasn't in need of fast cash. now keep in mind i've never done anything like this before nor done drugs., i bought the scale which was $25 of which was in the 50 that was to be me cost, so in total it came out to be 25 dollars
            You still trafficked in illegal drugs. It's gonna be a major problem.

Comment

Guams, School cop, where would one find this "DQ List" that you guys mentioned in your posts? I am currently in the process with two agencies and haven't seen any such lists everywhere I've looked... Sorry to change the subject, just curious. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe08 View Post
                Guams, School cop, where would one find this "DQ List" that you guys mentioned in your posts? I am currently in the process with two agencies and haven't seen any such lists everywhere I've looked... Sorry to change the subject, just curious. Thanks
                The department you're applying to must have a list, or some form of criteria. I can break it down a bit for you though.

Generally, automatic dq's are if you've been convicted of a felony, committed a serious undetected felony, been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence, unable to maintain financial responsibility, numerous at fault traffic accidents and/or traffic citations, use of marijuana within a certain time frame, use of anything other than marijuana within a certain time frame ("heavy" drug use is heavily scrutinized), dishonorably discharged from military service, not a US citizen, not the correct age. I'm sure there are more but that's the jist of it. Hope this helps.

Comment

Possessing CDS, as far as I know, pretty much blows your chance of LE.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6120 users online. 366 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X