300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Nashville Police Department

I am a new member to the site and I have been in emergencey services for quite some time now. I do have a few questions.

I currently am a senior at Middle Tennessee State University. I am an Aerospace Professional Pilot major and a Criminal Justice minor. I have all of my pilot ratings which include multi engine aircraft.

I have wanted to become a police officer for quite some time and I am now at an age where it can happen. I would like nothing better than to make a differrence in peoples' lives and do this as a profession. My overall goal is to fly helicopters for Nashville Police Department.

I was told by a good friend of mine that is a Metro officer that I should wait a few months before sending in my application. He said that some departments don't like waiting a year before an individual can start training. Should I send in my application anyways?

I have me heart set on this department and I want to fly, but what would be the chances of them having me fly for them after I do a few years as a patrol officer?

Making a difference in peoples' lives is something I want to do and I hope that I can accomplish this.

Sorry about the long post or some open ended questions but I just want to have the best chance possible making this department and advancing later on.

Thanks,
    Brian
    10/05/2009 NOW EMPLOYED!!
    Academy - November 2nd

Anyone have any insight?
    10/05/2009 NOW EMPLOYED!!
    Academy - November 2nd

Comment

I don't have any information about the department you asked about. I do know that CBP Air and Marine Office sometimes takes street hire pilots. If you really want to fly and wear a badge, you could look into that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6064 users online. 355 members and 5709 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X