300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Question

Hello, I am new to this site and I am in the process of my interviews right now. I am from South Florida, like many here. I got a call yesterday from an agency who had just recieved my application, it was a background investigator who called me. He was grilling me about tickets, and I only have 3 speeding tickets in my life and only 1 since 2004 and I am only 25. The only one in the past 4 years was for going 41 in a 35. He said that showed irresponsibility and what not. I was just wondering is that a bad record for driving when you are applying? I have never been arrested and have never been in any other trouble. I got a 95 on my CJBAT and have a economics degree. He was also very interested on the other agencies I had applied to, he kept asking me what ones I applied to...how should I answer that in the future? Thanks!

Originally posted by Scrappy367 View Post
    The only one in the past 4 years was for going 41 in a 35. He said that showed irresponsibility and what not.
    Yikes! That seems harsh!
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy367 View Post
      Hello, I am new to this site and I am in the process of my interviews right now. I am from South Florida, like many here. I got a call yesterday from an agency who had just recieved my application, it was a background investigator who called me. He was grilling me about tickets, and I only have 3 speeding tickets in my life and only 1 since 2004 and I am only 25. The only one in the past 4 years was for going 41 in a 35. He said that showed irresponsibility and what not. I was just wondering is that a bad record for driving when you are applying? I have never been arrested and have never been in any other trouble. I got a 95 on my CJBAT and have a economics degree. He was also very interested on the other agencies I had applied to, he kept asking me what ones I applied to...how should I answer that in the future? Thanks!
      Your tickets shouldn't be an issue. When he asks where else you have applied you just tell him.

Comment

Your BI could be seeing how you react to pressure... and since the rest of your background info doesn't give him any ammo he's just reaching for whatever he can hold on to... I can't imagine they get many applicants who have never had a speeding ticket before. Were any of the tickets for an outrageously high speed violation? Or then again, they could just be VERY picky.
        pain and suffering are inevitable; misery is optional.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6128 users online. 370 members and 5758 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X