Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who feels like crap after the BI interview?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who feels like crap after the BI interview?

Just had my BI interview. You don't think about all of the decisions in your life until they have to be summarized for a BI. I've never been arrested or anything, but that was pretty intense.

It's normal. I know it sounds repetitive but as long as you are honest, you'll be fine. It's normal to second guess yourself after any interview. Just be yourself, and be honest. If they don't like what you have to say or don't like your choices in life, then it wasn't meant to be for that dept. Keep trying. Good luck.
    ...but to live outside the law, you must be honest. -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Iraqivet View Post
      It's normal. I know it sounds repetitive but as long as you are honest, you'll be fine. It's normal to second guess yourself after any interview. Just be yourself, and be honest. If they don't like what you have to say or don't like your choices in life, then it wasn't meant to be for that dept. Keep trying. Good luck.
      I couldn't have said it better myself. Keep pressing forward and try not to overthink or second guess anything you said too much.

Comment

Thanks

I've thought of more things to tell the BI (pertaining to questions he asked). Should I call him? I don't want to pester him, but I don't want to be a "liar" either.

Oh, and he said "Do you think you can handle this job?"

Is that negative?

Comment

I accidently omitted a piece of information from one of my PHS's that I filled out. I called the BI as so as I realized, and it was no big deal.

Comment

Same here, I just emailed them and no fuss was made. I hated thinking about all that, cause I just kept remembering more dumb stuff I did as a teen.

Comment

I felt fine after the background interviews. I feel like scum of the earth after the polygraph.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Even if you have lived the life of a saint, when you put all of the stupid crap you have done on paper and then give it to some one who reviews it and then makes you explain/justify what you have done you will feel like crapola.

Comment

It really does make you feel like you're a worthless person but you can't let it get you down!

Comment

After my first federal BI I flet like I should be applying at McDonald's, but I was hired anyway. After that one, all of the rest of them haven't been too bad.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

The background investigation comes across as a kind of life appraisal. I am still waiting for mine. It seems that if you are under, say, 24, to fail the background is not so bad as failing it as a 38 year old (my age). If I get to that point and fail it I know I am going to feel like crap. When your 24 you can bounce back and say, "Hey, that was then, when I was very young.". But for me it is an appraisal and very personal. It will not be a quick fix. But I have taken this risk.

Additionally, I am afraid others will look down on me if I fail; as if I have led my life less than honorable. In a strange sort of way, it can be a "did I ruin my life " kind of test. It is a way to be held to account for mistakes that everyone in your life told you to keep your chin up and move on and so you stopped looking in the rear view mirror of your life and then suddenly you have to ressurrect your past like a gravedigger. Very few people in life ever really see these many angles of yourself. We present ourselves with this or that mask--perhaps feel handsome to our girlfriend, odd looking to a neighbor, very capable to a classmate, tall to a child and so on, but to the background investigator: a life of boils and pustules and natted hair; hunchbacked in our life's decisions wondering when the BI is going to ask when the big bell should be rung.

Based on various upsets I have had in my life in recent years, I think I will handle it okay and keep positive in other aspects of my life...but I am still going to experience a little shame. My father was in the sheriff's department for nearly 30 years and we talk about it every day. I would like to follow in his footsteps. He started in his 30's also and lasted nearly 30 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4589 users online. 319 members and 4270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X