Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all LE background checks similar in depth?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all LE background checks similar in depth?

I'm finishing my last year of college and have recently been accepted as an intern for a local Parole Department in California. I passed the backgrounds and presumably the life scan and FBI/DOJ checks went fine. Would this background be similar to those given to real sworn officers in any LEO capactity? I would think it would be less thorough but the parole agent I spoke with said if I passed his background check, I could basically pass all backgrounds. Is that true? Thanks.

Originally posted by Green View Post
    I'm finishing my last year of college and have recently been accepted as an intern for a local Parole Department in California. I passed the backgrounds and presumably the life scan and FBI/DOJ checks went fine. Would this background be similar to those given to real sworn officers in any LEO capactity? I would think it would be less thorough but the parole agent I spoke with said if I passed his background check, I could basically pass all backgrounds. Is that true? Thanks.
    Short answer: Probably. For a Background Investigation to be effective it must be thorough. Some agencies will go into more detail than others, but basically, most will conduct the same BI for sworn as well as non sworn personnel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6225 users online. 325 members and 5900 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X