300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Poly

Well, I failed the poly, and I'm honestly not sure why. I told the truth on everything in my background interview, but he said I failed the question "Have you knowingly ommited or falsified information" but strangely enough passed the "Do you intend to tell the truth" and the "have you lied to a person in authority" questions.

Should I have argued with the polygraph examiner?

I will continue to apply to other agencies, but to be honest I think the whole polygraph is a total load of garbage. I was showing signs of stress, no crap, the whole interview process is stressful.

If anyone has any thoughts on this I welcome the input.

First off, it isn't the end of the world.

Second, no you shouldn't have argued with him/her.

Keep applying and don't fear taking another polygraph. Next time you'll know what to expect and maybe the outcome will differ. Keep your head up.

Comment

Sorry to hear. I gotta tell you, I'm not a fan of the polys anyway. I thinks they are BS. Also, if the department doesn't like you or want to hire you, and they can't find a valid reason........ well they could always say you failed the poly.... and there is nothing you can do. Sucks.
      Last edited by Iraqivet; 07-25-2008, 08:12 PM. Reason: mis quote
      ...but to live outside the law, you must be honest. -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by PHXReservist View Post
        Should I have argued with the polygraph examiner? If anyone has any thoughts on this I welcome the input.
        Just remember the following phrase the next time something like this happens:

Let's see, the poly said I was being honest when I said I did not intend to lie and had not lied to anyone in authority here. But at the same time, it said I did lie about knowingly omitting or falsifying information. It sounds to me like your machine has just impeached its own credibility.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Well, I failed the poly, and I'm honestly not sure why. I told the truth on everything in my background interview, but he said I failed the question "Have you knowingly ommited or falsified information" but strangely enough passed the "Do you intend to tell the truth" and the "have you lied to a person in authority" questions.

I will continue to apply to other agencies, but to be honest I think the whole polygraph is a total load of garbage. I was showing signs of stress, no crap, the whole interview process is stressful.

I took two polygraphs with Phoenix PD. Both said I was omitting information from the backround packet. Funny thing was it was a photocopy post packet which I used for other agencies prior to, during and after the polygraphs with Phoenix.....I passed with all other agencies with identical paperwork.

Comment

I showed stress on that same question and the interviewer asked me about it. I told him that I didn't know all the correct dates of all my speeding tickets I received my entire life. He was good with that.

BTW I think it's crap as well, but I'm low man on the pole considering I'm not even officially hired yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4133 users online. 257 members and 3876 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X